The reality is that people need the right support and solutions so that they can handle the spyware problem head-on and keep their PCs healthy and protected.
New York, NY (Vocus) July 12, 2010
iYogi, the fastest growing on-demand tech support company, announced the release of a report on the Top 5 symptoms that a computer has been hit by spyware. The release is based on thousands of interactions with customers in the last week. The company received an internal Weekly Customer Incident Report from its knowledge base iMantra™, which cited spyware infection as a major threat to a computer’s security and privacy.
iYogi's Top 5 indicators of spyware presence on a computer are the following:
- Sluggish PC Performance: Sudden slow-down in a computer’s speed and performance is a sign that the machine is infected by spyware. Related symptoms include system freeze and crash in mid-session, slow Internet browsing speed and delays in opening an application.
- Change in Home Page and Bookmarks: Consumers working on a spyware-infected computer reported that their home page, bookmarks and favorites changed on their own and were replaced by some unknown websites.
- Pop-up Ads: If a computer displays a number of pop-up ads, then it is an alarming sign of a spyware-infected machine.
- Unknown Files: While using a computer infected with spyware, users report the loading of unknown files on the desktop without their permission.
- Incorrect Search Results: If users notice that the search engine installed on their machine is displaying incorrect results, then it is a sure indication that their computers are spyware-infected.
Any or all of these symptoms usually indicate that a machine is infected by a spyware.
For solutions to the above stated problems Click Here
"Despite an abundance of software on the market to prevent spyware, the fact is that consumers are increasingly under attack by sophisticated spyware schemes that can cripple a computer," said Vishal Dhar, President of Marketing and Co-founder of iYogi. "The reality is that people need the right support and solutions so that they can handle the spyware problem head-on and keep their PCs healthy and protected."
iYogi is a global on-demand services company that provides personalized computer support for consumers and small businesses in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. iYogi’s unique model, including proprietary technology iMantra™ and highly qualified technicians, is designed to eliminate computer-related stress and keep millions of digitally dependent consumers and small businesses protected and productive. Only iYogi -- with its proven global expertise delivery model, intelligent customer insight systems, easy-to-use self-help tools and automated PC optimization and computer support services – offers users a simple yet comprehensive path to digital serenity. iYogi has perfected the remote technical support model to overcome the current limitations of in-store, on-site, or call center services to become the fastest growing provider of support in the industry. Major resellers and technology companies are increasingly turning to iYogi to improve customer satisfaction, reduce return rates, and deliver a compelling new-value added offering to customers. For more information on iYogi and a detailed list of technologies supported, visit: http://www.iyogi.net.