The enormous potential of Verecloud comes at an exciting time given all of the attention focused on the cloud
Englewood, CO (PRWEB) July 14, 2010
Verecloud Inc., which equips communications service providers (CSPs) with a cloud services aggregation platform enabling them to capture more of the emerging cloud computing services market, has named technology industry veteran William E. Wood as company President.
Wood, who is responsible for the corporate operations at Verecloud, will report to John McCawley, Verecloud Chief Executive Officer and company co-founder.
Wood has extensive experience advising growth stage technology companies on their execution and capital raising activities. Wood formerly served as President of Newdea, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software company based in Colorado. Before Newdea, Wood was President of TRE Financial Services, a federal and state tax software and financial services company with offices in Houston and Seattle. His core competencies include execution and oversight of strategy, capital deployment, financial, legal, M&A and business development efforts while building strong relationships with all constituents in the ecosystem.
"Billy is the perfect fit to lead Verecloud into an exciting future as the company supports CSPs in their transition to providers of comprehensive cloud services to small- and medium-sized businesses," McCawley said. "He has a proven track record in technology and his experience will be beneficial as he shepherds the company toward its next phase of growth."
As CEO, McCawley will continue serving as Verecloud’s chief visionary and strategist, guiding the company’s product and technology development.
"The enormous potential of Verecloud comes at an exciting time given all of the attention focused on the cloud," Wood said. “Verecloud’s cloud services solution for CSPs and the in-depth technical expertise of the company’s leadership team presents a tremendous opportunity for Verecloud to grow and prosper.”
The appointment of Wood broadens the Verecloud executive team that also includes the following:
- Mike Cookson, Chief Operating Officer, supervises the execution of the company’s daily business. He also manages relations with strategic partners and clients and supports Verecloud’s process engineering efforts.
- Jim Buckley, Chief Financial Officer, manages all financial functions at Verecloud. He is responsible for corporate finance and accounting, SEC reporting and investor relations.
- Bill Perkins, Chief Technology Officer and principal architect, oversees a team of software engineers and designers and is responsible for the design and execution of the company’s cloud services platform for CSPs.
- Dave Loomis, Vice President of Technical Solutions, leads Verecloud’s technical solutions group. He is responsible for directing architecture and design teams and their development of the company’s cloud services platform.
- George Moore, Vice President of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, plays a key role in the acquisition and development of customer relationships and ensures customer needs are fully understood as they move into the rapidly evolving cloud computing marketplace.
- Lynn Schlemeyer, Vice President of Corporate Communications, is responsible for company positioning, branding and messaging. Schlemeyer also supervises public and investor relations.
Verecloud is focused on enabling communications service providers (CSPs) to capture market share in the expanding and lucrative cloud computing market. Verecloud is preparing to launch a new product called the NIMBUS Exchange. The NIMBUS Exchange is a platform that will enable CSPs to aggregate their current products along with innovative cloud services by using their existing systems. CSPs will have the capability to perform the order, fulfill, support and bill functions for their products and cloud services products. By collaborating with Verecloud, CSPs can turn what was once a simple billing relationship into a deepened customer relationship. Learn more about Verecloud at: http://www.verecloud.com.
For more information, contact Michael Hopkins, VisiTech PR, at (303) 752-3552 ext. 230
# # #