We are very impressed with the outstanding monitoring and reporting capabilities of WhatsVirtual 2.0, as well as the detailed overview of each host server, which allows us to quickly analyze performance and resource issues.
Lexington, MA (PRWEB) July 14, 2010
Ipswitch, Inc., the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software, today announced that WhatsUp Gold WhatsVirtual 2.0 is now available and includes support for VMware vCenter, vMotion, High Availability and Virtual Clusters. WhatsVirtual 2.0 natively integrates with the VMware vSphere API and discovers, maps, monitors and manages ESXi hosts and their associated virtual machines from a single console and also delivers accurate and up-to-date availability and performance information across VMware-based virtual server infrastructures.
“We are very impressed with the outstanding monitoring and reporting capabilities of WhatsVirtual 2.0, as well as the detailed overview of each host server, which allows us to quickly analyze performance and resource issues,” said John Shiells, senior network analyst, Nucleus Information Service, Inc. “We also find that viewing and reporting on historical log information for vMotion and High Availability in the same console is a huge time saver. The only time we use vCenter now is to fix a problem; everything else we can see and control with WhatsUp Gold,” Shiells said.
WhatsVirtual 2.0 Features
- vCenter – discovers, monitors and controls all virtual resources through vCenter to offer complete accuracy and reliability
- vMotion – monitors live migrations as VMs move across physical servers to ensure a complete, accurate mapping of physical server relations at all times, including historical information and reports combined with powerful alerting capabilities
- High Availability (HA) – gives complete access to historical information and reports, combined with powerful alerting capabilities to track VMs as they are automatically restarted or moved to other physical servers due to hardware or operating system failures
- Virtual Clusters
- VMware cluster discovery and mapping
- VMware cluster configurations are allowed so users can perform manual associations and cluster grouping right from the WhatsVirtual interface
- Out-of-the-box Workspace Views are available to provide immediate, deep visibility across virtual cluster entities
- Alert Center thresholds are configurable at the virtual cluster level to rapidly find issues detected anywhere in the infrastructure
- Web Reports contain virtual cluster information for fast access to VMware-related performance information, anytime, anywhere
“Since its introduction earlier this year, WhatsVirtual has garnered the tremendous support of its users, who are increasingly challenged with management issues resulting from cloud computing,” said Ennio Carboni, president, Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division. “In keeping with our constant efforts to exceed the expectations of our customers, we have engineered a new version of WhatsVirtual that offers a host of innovative features, including vCenter, vMotion and High Availability support. Now organizations can truly optimize availability and performance of their entire infrastructure from WhatsUp Gold’s single point of control.” Carboni said.
Pricing and Availability
WhatsVirtual 2.0 is available now at an introductory price of $1,495 USD (MSRP). A minimum of WhatsUp Gold 14.2 is required to run WhatsVirtual 2.0. For more details on WhatsVirtual 2.0, visit: http://www.whatsupgold.com/products/releases/index.aspx.
About the Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc.
The Network Management Division of Ipswitch, Inc. is the developer of the WhatsUp Gold suite of innovative IT management software. WhatsUp Gold delivers comprehensive network, system, application and event log monitoring and management solutions for small and medium businesses and enterprises. Built on a modular, yet integrated architecture, the affordable and easy-to-use solutions scale with the size and complexity of any physical or virtual IT infrastructure. From a single console, WhatsUp Gold supports standard IT management tasks including automated discovery, mapping, real-time monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting and reporting. More than 100,000 networks worldwide use WhatsUp Gold solutions to assure the availability, health and security of their critical business infrastructure today.
Ipswitch, Inc.’s Network Management Division recently added to its product line complete, easy-to-use solutions for Windows Security Event Management (SEM) and Log Management for small businesses and enterprise-level organizations suite with the acquisition of Dorian Software Creations, Inc. WhatsUp Gold was named Network Management Product of 2010 by Network Computing Magazine and earned the Network Products Guide 2010 Product Innovation Award in Network Management. To learn more about WhatsUp Gold – the best value in IT Management software, download a free trial or to make a purchase, please visit: http://www.whatsupgold.com/products/download/.
*All mentioned trademarks, product and company names cited herein are the property of their respective owners.*