Mobilize will explore the growing intersection between the mobile and cloud computing sectors, a unique convergence set to unleash a new wave of market growth.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 15, 2010
GigaOM Networks, a leading business media company, today announced initial headline speakers and discussion topics for Mobilize 2010, the mobile industry’s most influential conference. Technology and mobile industry leaders such as Kevin Lynch, CTO of Adobe; Thomas Keys, COO of MetroPCS Communications; and Nicholas Negroponte, technology visionary and Founder and Chairman of One Laptop per Child, will speak at Mobilize 2010, with more speakers soon to be announced.
“Now in its third year, Mobilize has become the mobile industry’s most influential conference, attracting top minds in infrastructure and apps, technology, internet, marketing, and venture capital who come together to discuss the latest trends in mobile communications,” said Surj Patel, GigaOM’s VP of events. “Mobilize will explore the growing intersection between the mobile and cloud computing sectors, a unique convergence set to unleash a new wave of market growth.”
Last year, Motorola Co-CEO Sanjay Jha officially announced the company’s first Android phone, the Motorola CLIQ, at Mobilize 2009 – and this year’s conference is set to be another highly newsworthy event. The speaker lineup at Mobilize 2010 is a virtual ‘who’s who’ of the mobile industry, and new speakers are being announced weekly for this year’s event – expected to draw over 550 attendees on September 30th at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco.
Confirmed speakers at Mobilize 2010 include, among many others:
- Osama Bedier, VP of Platform, Mobile and New Ventures, PayPal
- Geoff Iddison, Group Executive, e-Commerce and Mobile, MasterCard Worldwide
- Steve Mollenkopf, EVP and President, CDMA Technologies, Qualcomm
- Sanjeet Matharu, Principal Manager, Developer Marketing, Vodafone
- Derek Kuhn, VP of Emerging Technology and Media, Alcatel-Lucent
- Evan Kaplan, President and CEO, iPass
- Glenda Dorchak, CEO, VirtualLogix
- Steve Subar, President and CEO, Open Kernel Labs
- David Marcus, Founder and CEO, Zong
Mobilize 2010 is a unique, interactive conference, providing a two-way dialogue that enables attendees to discuss and debate issues with each other and speakers in an open format. The conference is a high-level meeting-of-the-minds where executives and entrepreneurs from app companies, carriers, service providers, infrastructure companies, and technology firms will come together with leading media and venture investors to discuss pressing issues in the mobile industry, including:
- What is the “mobile cloud”, and what impact will it have on mobile communications, apps, and services for both consumers and businesses?
- How will new wireless broadband networks, from Ultraband, UWB, Wi-Max, LTE, and 4G, change the way consumers and businesses use mobile devices in the next 3-5 years?
- How important are touch devices in driving growth in the mobile industry?
- What are the opportunities for machine-to-machine mobile communications between embedded devices in cars, consumer electronics and appliances, and other devices?
- Which mobile application, infrastructure, and service business models are set to be the most profitable in years to come and why?
- Which mobile payment apps will finally drive mobile commerce forward in a big way?
Mobilize 2010 will also host a Launchpad event, inviting the most promising mobile industry startups to present their business models on stage.
Based on the popularity of the first two sold-out Mobilize conferences, tickets are selling fast for Mobilize 2010. Those who would like to attend the conference should register as soon as possible to ensure their space. Until July 24th, early-bird pricing of $395 is available, a savings of $200 off the regular admission price.
Sponsorships Still Available
Mobilize 2010’s headline sponsor Qualcomm is joined by primetime sponsors such as Marvell, Evri, Wordpress, GroundTruth, iPass, Placecast, Joyent, and Rebtel, plus dozens of other showtime and media sponsors. More sponsors are joining weekly, and sponsorships that reach high-quality mobile industry influencers and dealmakers are still available. Visit the Mobilize 2010 sponsor page for more information, or contact Mike Sly via email at sly(at)gigaom(dot)com or phone 415-235-0358.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading provider of online media, events and research for global technology innovators. The company is one of the most credible and insightful voices at the intersection of business and technology with its network of award-winning Web sites read by more than 4 million monthly unique visitors; industry-leading events, including Structure, Mobilize, NewTeeVee Live, NetWork, GreenNet, and Bunker Sessions; and a pioneering market research service and digital community, GigaOM Pro, which provides insider access to expert analysis on emerging technology markets.