PerTrac Analytical Platform debuted 14 years ago and today is the world's leading investment analysis and asset allocation software
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 15, 2010
PerTrac Financial Solutions (http://www.pertrac.com) announced the release today of PerTrac Analytical Platform 7, a major new version of the investment software company's flagship application. The PerTrac Analytical Platform (PTAP) is used by thousands of investment professionals worldwide for analyzing hedge funds, mutual funds and other investments, constructing and optimizing portfolios, and creating professional fund reports and presentations.
"PerTrac Analytical Platform debuted 14 years ago and today is the world's leading investment analysis and asset allocation software," said Gerry Mintz, PerTrac President and Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to invest in our products and listen to our clients' needs in order to provide improvements that will maximize value and simplify their jobs. The enhancements in this new release of PTAP make the product even easier to use, giving our clients better tools to manage complex investment data, make well-informed decisions, and increase their productivity through more efficient workflow automation."
"The new PerTrac 7.0 is a significant improvement," said James McClendon, CEO of The Pacific Financial Group. "The redesigned home window is a real time saver and adds utility by facilitating sorting on numerous criteria right from the home window. The new Data Manager that does automated downloads saves our staff time and gets us the data sooner. The enhanced statistics are an excellent addition to our risk analysis capability. We depend upon PerTrac heavily and are delighted with this improved version."
Highlights of the new PTAP 7 include:
- Redesigned Home Window: A streamlined user interface that makes it quicker and easier to use many of the application's core functions, such as searching for investments, opening and creating investment universes, comparing investments, accessing advanced analysis and exporting to Excel. The new interface provides a look and feel that is consistent with other applications in the PerTrac Suite.
- New Statistics: Explore risk and return with new measures better suited to the non-normal return distributions typical of hedge funds, including the Omega Ratio, Value at Risk (VaR), Expected Tail Loss (ETL), Modified VaR, Modified ETL, and Jarque-Bera.
- Custom Column View: Select the performance statistics or other information fields most important to you for display in the Home Window, then sort investments by any column to easily compare large numbers of investments. Export the displayed data to Excel with one click.
- Quick Search: Find investments based on investment name, company name or strategy. Include all types of records or focus only on hedge funds, mutual funds, indices, etc. Type in a few letters and get immediate results below.
- Universes Pane: See your available universes (i.e. groups) of investments at a glance. Click on a universe name for a quick preview of what it contains before loading it in the Home Window.
- Grouping View: Organize investments in the Home Window based on a selected data field, such as Country, to group together investments with the same value. Simply click to expand a group and see the underlying investments.
- Redesigned Data Manager: The completely revamped Data Manager module makes it a snap to keep your data up-to-date, thanks to scheduled automatic downloads.
PTAP 7 is compatible with leading alternative and traditional investment databases from third parties including HedgeFund.net, HFR, Morningstar, Lipper, BarclayHedge, and others. Users can subscribe to these data sources, create their own data records, and even combine data from various sources.
PTAP stores monthly, quarterly, daily, weekly, and month-to-date investment returns, along with qualitative data such as contact information, investment terms, strategy details, and more. Over 900 statistics are available for risk/return analysis, as well as style analysis and peer group analysis features. PTAP also offers tools for portfolio construction, optimization and analysis, including Monte Carlo simulation. PTAP 7 comes with an updated version of PerTrac Reporting Studio, a companion application for easily creating fully customizable reports and presentations that interface with Microsoft Office.
PerTrac Analytical Platform is part of an integrated suite of investment management solutions that also includes PerTrac P-Card, PerTrac CMS, and PerTrac Portfolio Manager. The PerTrac Suite helps a range of clients manage their workflows in order to improve investment selection, manage investment risk, attract and retain client assets, ensure compliance, improve due diligence, develop scalability, improve communications, and manage operational risk. To learn more about PTAP 7 or other PerTrac products, please visit http://www.pertrac.com or contact the company at sales(at)pertrac(dot)com.
PerTrac Financial Solutions was founded in 1996 with the goal of creating a suite of analytic and workflow solutions to help investment professionals make better decisions, improve productivity, reduce risk, and improve communication. Now an industry standard, PerTrac software is used by nearly 2,000 clients in 50 countries, including banks, brokerage firms, consultants, plan sponsors, family offices, investment managers and funds of funds. The company's flagship product, the PerTrac Analytical Platform, is now the world's leading asset allocation and investment analysis software, used by approximately 1,700 firms worldwide. PerTrac CMS, acquired in 2006 through the acquisition of Whittaker Garnier, is the investment industry's leading tool for managing the client relationships and workflows associated with capital raising, investor relations, and investment management, used by nearly 300 alternative investment firms around the world. In 2008, PerTrac Portfolio Manager was launched, a unique software application designed to help funds of funds and institutional investors create, monitor and manage multi-manager portfolios of alternative investments. PerTrac P-Card, released in November 2008, is a revolutionary new investment data distribution and collection platform, which gives managers and investors the tools they need to share sensitive information directly, electronically and securely. PerTrac Financial Solutions is headquartered in New York with offices in London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Reno, and Memphis. For additional information on the full suite of PerTrac products, please visit http://www.pertrac.com.