Proceeds from the golf tournament, which are generated through event sponsorships, as well as collected toys, will be donated to the Marine Foundations Toys for Tots program.
Charlotte, NC (Vocus) July 16, 2010
The organizers of Charlotte’s third annual Toys for Tots Golf Tournament are pleased to announce sponsors for the tournament, to be held on Monday, September 27th at Cedarwood Country Club in Charlotte, N.C.
Proceeds from the tournament, which are generated through event sponsorships, as well as collected toys, will be donated to the Marine Foundations Toys for Tots program. The tournament, which was founded in 2008 by Jack Burke of Burke Communications, is now being led by A Big Heart Foundation, Inc. a new nonprofit organization.
Sponsors who have already committed to the event are:
- Title Sponsor: SSI Schaeffer
- Corporate Sponsors: Burke Communications, The Carolina Trail, Century Contractors, Horizon Lines, Republic Services, Shumaker, Loop and Kendrick, LLP and Sugar Ridge Hotel.
- Media Sponsors: Mecklenburg Times, WBT 1110 AM, and WJZY.
- Major Team Sponsors: American Community Bank, Charlotte 49ers, Cunningham Associates, Custom Home Pubs, Europa Sports Products, Greer & Walker, Learning Express, Pionear, SGL Carbon, and Wells Fargo.
- Vendor Sponsors: Bud Light, Coca-Cola, Dana Rader Golf School, Jason's Deli, Kenny Color Lab, Loftin & Company Printers, Ryobi, Starr Hill, and Unisource.
- Hole Sponsors: Autobell, Boatsman Gilmore, Henderson Properties, and IHS.
- Individual Contributors: Chris and Carol Floyd; Matt Nemirow; Barry Ozer; John Burke; and Dee Buckminster.
Additional hole sponsors and silent auction donors are being sought to help support the charity event. Sponsorship information and registration are available on the event's Web site at ToysForTotsGolf.org or by calling the event organizer, A Big Heart Foundation, at 704-377-2600.
Toys for Tots is the Marine Corps’ premier community action program. It is one of the nation’s flagship charitable endeavors, an American tradition and a national treasure. For over 60 years, Marines have been the unchallenged leaders in looking after needy children at Christmas. The Toys for Tots message of hope has motivated youngsters to grow into responsible, productive, patriotic citizens and community leaders. Toys for Tots not only benefits children, but the program also has a positive impact on communities, businesses, the Marine Corps and the nation.
A Big Heart Foundation, Inc. was founded in spring 2010 by Jack Burke, CEO of Burke Communications, a full-service Charlotte advertising agency experienced in branding and Internet marketing. The Foundation supports charitable endeavors in the Charlotte metropolitan area, including the Charlotte Toys For Tots Golf Tournament. For more information, please call 704-377-2600, e-mail info(at)ToysForTotsGolf(dot)org or visit ToysForTotsGolf.org.