For Viator it isn’t about how many tours we offer. It’s about a new twist, unexpected experiences and special access
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 15, 2010
Just in time for the height of the 2010 summer travel season, Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, has added a selection of activities to its worldwide roster of things to do while visiting a new or familiar destination. Along with aerial trails of zip lines at Red Mountain and a high speed cruise on the Thames in London is a selection of limited-time-only activities that feature competitive tug-of-war and caber tossing in Scotland and breakfast with a Beefeater in London.
“For Viator it isn’t about how many tours we offer. It’s about a new twist, unexpected experiences and special access,” said Ms. Barrie Seidenberg, president and CEO of Viator, Inc. “Another priority is supplying our travelers with the resources they need to plan and book tours and activities in advance which is key at this time of year to avoid the surprise and disappointment of sell-outs.”
Limited Time Only
While many tours and activities operate year-round, Viator provides travelers with special access to limited engagements and special events. Some of this summer’s special events available through Viator include:
- The Arles Van Gogh and Julius Caesar 2010 Exhibit Day Trip from Avignon coinciding with the exhibition, “Caesar 2010: The Rhone for Memory” which includes 500 Roman artifacts salvaged from the River Rhone (until September 17th).
- The Scottish Highland Games Day Trip from Edinburgh – likely to sell out – gathers Clans that compete in hammer throwing, tug-of-war, wrestling and caber (aka telephone pole) tossing. Select competition days in July, August and September.
- The Scottish Highlands Day Trip and Edinburgh Military Tattoo combines Highlands exploration, whisky tasting and guaranteed tickets to the Military Tattoo, celebrating its Diamond Jubilee (60th anniversary) this year. (Select dates in August)
- 'A Day at the Races' Trip from London is an escorted trip to the famous Epsom Racecourse on select dates, July through October. Entry badge, race card, special tips and options on meals make for an adrenaline experience.
- For a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, bypass long summer lines during the Private Viewing of the Crown Jewels and Breakfast at the Tower of London. Travelers enter the Tower before the public and view the priceless gems at a leisurely pace (the conveyor belt is shut off) followed by a light breakfast in the New Armouries Suite. (Select dates in August)
Whether a special angle, different flavor or higher speed, the new additions to the Viator roster of activities around the world will help travelers create unforgettable experiences. Some of the latest include:
- As winner of the 2010 World Cup, it’s all about football in Spain now, and travelers can experience a hometown football club during the FC Barcelona Football Stadium Tour and Museum Tickets
- Rev it up with London’s fastest river adventure during the River Thames High-Speed Cruise that cruises gently under Tower Bridge then races toward Thames Barrier at 50 knots
- Go beyond (and below) the Eiffel Tower and the Moulin Rouge to explore Paris’ underground labyrinth during the Skip the Line: Catacombs of Paris Small-Group Walking Tour
- The Chocolate Indulgence Walking Tour of Seattle brings a new flavor to exploring this popular city, with tastings and chocolate-making tutorials along the way
- The Bootleg Canyon Zipline Tour from Las Vegas provides travelers with a healthy dose of extreme on an aerial trail of zip lines across Red Mountain
- Customize a personal California adventure, from scenic flat trails to challenging climbs, during the Private Marin Mountain Bike Tour from Sausalito just across the bay from San Francisco
- Travelers to Australia can experience Sydney by sea, land and stage during the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Dinner Cruise and Opera Package (Select dates July through November)
- The Auckland City Harley Davidson Tour in New Zealand is a fully specialized and chauffeured experience that is cruises along through Auckland’s major sites
Travelers can visit the Viator Travel Blog (http://travelblog.viator.com) as well as Twitter (http://twitter.com/ViatorTravel) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ViatorTours) for information on promotions, deals, contests, suggestions and inspiration.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like nearly 150,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at http://www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
# # #