San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 19, 2010
Today, Marin Software, provider of the leading enterprise-class paid search management application, announced that Education Connection, a web resource of EducationDynamics, has achieved significant increases in advertising ROI with Marin Software. By leveraging Marin Search Marketer®, Education Connection was able to measure and optimize the cross-channel impact of its TV commercials on its paid search campaigns – driving deeper cross-campaign integration that led to a 33% decrease in cost per acquisition for its paid search ads and a dramatic boost in overall conversion.
- Education Connection is a free service that matches students with accredited online and campus-based colleges around the country, which are ideally suited to their unique academic and career interests, financial resources, and lifestyles.
- Education Connection primarily uses two marketing methods to drive traffic to its website: television commercials and paid search. The company has created a sophisticated, integrated program that leverages the unique strengths of each channel to maximize site traffic and conversion.
- The team at Education Connection implemented Marin Search Marketer to manage and optimize its increasingly complex paid search marketing program. With Marin, Education Connection is able to vastly improve efficiencies of its SEM program, as well as measure and manage the impact offline TV commercials have on paid search traffic.
Results with Marin Search Marketer:
- By deploying Marin Search Marketer to align its paid search ads with television air time, Education Connection was able to drive markedly better performance from both programs, which dramatically increased paid search conversion and lowered cost-per-acquisition by over one-third.
- Through smarter manipulation of bids with Marin’s sophisticated bid management tools, Education Connection was able to increase click-through rates on paid search terms by more than 20%.
- Education Connection was able to increase operational efficiencies, which enabled its paid search team used to focus on strategic tasks such as bid strategy, creative optimization, and landing page testing.
“Paid search is a critical marketing channel for our organization; one that drives more than half of all our site traffic, but our TV commercials are also integral to our overall marketing program,” said Michael Scansaroli, director of media operations for Education Connection. “Marin Search Marketer is a powerful application that enabled us to measure with precision how our TV commercials were impacting our paid search campaigns, and use this data to improve the performance of our entire search program across all search engines. With Marin, we increased click-through rates by 20% and lowered overall cost-per-acquisition by more than a third. In a lead-based business like ours, that’s a huge boost to our bottom line.”
“Marin Search Marketer is the only application whose every feature focuses on improving the performance of each and every keyword campaign,” said Scansaroli. “Marin is focused on increasing ROI, and that is what matters most to a search-driven online business like ours.”
About Education Connection:
Education Connection helps students find online colleges that are ideally suited for their academic and career interests, financial resources and lifestyles. Unlike Web-only matching services, Education Connection has experienced admissions advisors available every day to answer questions over the phone. Advisers can guide students through the process of selecting ideal areas of study and help them choose the best academic institutions for different degree programs.
EducationDynamics is higher education’s leading marketing information and technology services company dedicated to helping institutions find, enroll and retain students. Its content-rich and highly visible education websites, including EarnMyDegree.com, eLearners.com, GradSchools.com, StudyAbroad.com, EducationConnection.com, TestDriveCollegeOnline.com and its more than 50 special interest microsites, make EducationDynamics the premier provider of qualified prospective students for colleges and universities. In addition, the company offers a full suite of Web-delivered services proven to drive enrollment growth and reduce student attrition. Through its Market Research and Advisory Services, the company brings a decade of proprietary research, unparalleled market and student intelligence, and best practice insights to its clients. For more information, visit http://www.educationdynamics.com.
About Marin Software:
Marin Software is the leading provider of enterprise-class paid search marketing applications worldwide. The company’s flagship product, Marin Search Marketer® is designed to address the workflow, analysis, and optimization needs of large scale advertisers and agencies, saving time and improving financial performance. Marin Software has over 200 customers and its technology is used globally to manage more than $1 billion of annual search spend. Leading advertisers and agencies using Marin Software include Razorfish, Neo@Ogilvy, University of Phoenix, Macy’s, KAYAK, PriceGrabber, and Reply.
# # #