Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 19, 2010
Now in its second year, the 2010 Enterprise Information Management Conference (EIM), announced today the release of its agenda and acceptance for registrations. The event will take place September 21 - 23, 2010 at the Hilton Hotel in Toronto, Canada. The conference will focus on EIM as the emerging discipline for managing information as a strategic corporate asset.
The conference curriculum is designed to address the needs of executives who are responsible for starting and maintaining an EIM program. It addresses both the business demand and IT supply sides of the equation. The agenda includes foundational “how to” sessions, breakout discussion groups and case studies to meet the diverse needs of the audience. The conference concludes with a number of in-depth tutorial classes so attendees can dive deeper into the selected topics and return to their organizations with an EIM action plan.
Keynote presentations will be presented by some of the foremost EIM professionals in the world, starting with John Ladley of IMCue Solutions who will present on “How to Manage Information as an Asset.” John is the author of the major EIM book recently published on “Making EIM Work for Business.” His presentation will discuss information as a strategic, but intangible asset and outline a vision for the future, with practical steps to get there. The second keynote is Dave McComb of Semantics Arts, who will speak on “How Semantic Technology Will Invert Corporate Information Systems.” Finally, world-renowned metadata and EIM expert David Marco will present on the “Top 10 Things NOT to do when Implementing an EIM Program.”
Featured case studies will include:
- Enterprise Metadata at eBay, presented by Lori J. Dey, Staff Data Architect,
- Enterprise Data Management at Farmer’s Insurance, presented by Director of Enterprise Data Management, Spencer E. Hertler,
- Integrating Business Semantics, Metadata Discovery, and Knowledge Management, by John Biderman , Information Architect for Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and
- Information Integration: A Project Perspective, featuring Ken Ersagun Atilgan, Enterprise Data Manager of Volkswagen Group of America and Dorin Andreescu, President of GPMSS.
Key themes for the conference include both business and technology themes including:
- Understanding information as an asset
- EIM as a business program
- Data and Information Governance
- Project management, scope and resources
- Selecting information strategies and priorities
- Data and information architecture
- Getting to semantic consistency
- Enterprise models
- Metadata solutions
- Cloud computing
- Data services, SOA and virtualization
- Enterprise search and discovery
- Social media, wikis and other new technologies
To register for the conference and to see a full program schedule please visit, http://eim2010.wilshireconferences.com/
About Wilshire Conferences:
Wilshire Conferences provides a portfolio of services and events for the world’s leading organizations in the area of enterprise data management. Wilshire events are the industry standard for education and professional development. They include SemTech, the world’s largest semantic technology conference, Enterprise Data World, the Data Governance series, and the Enterprise Information Management Conference. For more information please visit http://www.WilshireConferences.com or email info(at)WilshireConferences(dot)com or call (310) 337-2616.