Altadena, CA (PRWEB) July 19, 2010
Perfect Market, an Idealab company that enables online publishers to compete in the search economy, today unveiled The Vault. The new content performance tool provides relevance data to newsrooms and editors looking to increase traffic and user engagement. The Vault also allows publishers to monitor and increase the revenue yield of their content over time. The Vault helps publishers meet real-time audience demand, so they can maximize advertising revenues on their most popular stories; early users of The Vault have seen at least a 20X increase in their advertising revenue.
What is The Vault:
- A real-time data dashboard that provides traffic and engagement insights across a publisher’s content library
- An editing tool designed to reveal content performance analytics, thereby allowing newsrooms to respond to emerging audience trends
- A content curation tool that helps publishers identify their most evergreen content
- A revenue-based search index that allows publishers to identify, package, and distribute their content
- An essential part of Perfect Market’s flagship content monetization platform
- Perfect Market’s underlying patented delivery engine helps publishers meet reader demand for content by making articles accessible to web users, and discoverable by search engines, and then enhances professionally produced content with highly relevant advertising.
- The Vault provides tools that allow newspapers and other large professional publishers to insightfully curate trending news, and report new stories to meet unmet reader curiosity.
- Newspapers still generate more than 90% of their revenues offline, and could more effectively derive revenues from their professionally produced content in a web-based, search-focused world.
- The Vault unlocks the value in a publisher’s rich archive of professionally produced content.
The Vault Features:
- Identify and Package: The Vault works with publishers’ existing content management systems, using patented algorithms to automatically read each article to determine its theme, popularity among web users, and engagement potential. With The Vault, a publisher’s most popular and profitable pages are automatically packaged to be more easily found by web users.
- Distribute: The Vault allows publishers to surface and distribute content to web users through content pages on their websites, and through syndication partnerships. By mining professional publishers’ deep libraries for the most relevant content, The Vault is able to better establish a publisher’s authority on the web on any given topic; meet the needs of search-driven web users; and extend a publisher’s audience.
- Monetize: The Vault increases engagement metrics by presenting the most relevant information to the user – based on the topics they are searching. The Vault allows publishers to accurately measure the performance and revenue potential of particular articles and topics, so they can decide how to best present the news. The Vault’s performance dashboard presents new intelligence and a clear picture of interest in hundreds of thousands of individual articles in a publisher’s content library. The Vault also automatically analyzes the performance of the highly relevant ads served on a publisher’s “optimized content pages”.
“We believe professional publishers can thrive in today’s search-based economy, because, quite simply, content matters,” said Julie Schoenfeld, Perfect Market president and chief executive officer. “We’ve built a powerful technology platform that arms online publishers with the critical data they need to survive on the Web today.”
About Perfect Market, Inc.
Perfect Market, Inc. helps publishers create additional value from their online content with little effort and no risk. A spin out of Idealab, Perfect Market builds on Idealab's achievements in the search industry such as its creation of the paid search model through Overture Services, acquired by Yahoo! in 2003. The company is based in Altadena, CA.