the design team focused on maximum durability and reliability above all else
(PRWEB) July 19, 2010
Wavelink Antenna Systems is pleased to announce the release of the Professional Grade 220 MHz Yagi antennas, designed specifically for mission critical and extreme weather installations.
Every year thousands of antennas fail due to high wind, heavy snow, ice loading and other severe weather situations. The 220 MHz antennas, because of the large physical size are particularly vulnerable to weather related failure. The availability of the PRO216 antennas directly addresses the requirement for an extreme weather solution in the 216 – 226 MHz frequency band.
"From the first prototype to the finished product the design team focused on maximum durability and reliability above all else for the PRO216 Yagis" stated Wavelink Antenna Director of Sales Gary Tootle.
The PRO216 is available in two versions, both with an operating frequency of 216-226 MHz.
1. PRO216- 8 a 3 element Yagi antenna with 8 dBi gain
2. PRO216-12 a 6 element unit with 11.6 dBi gain.
“The PRO216 Yagis provide a significant upgrade opportunity for 220 MHz system operators” added Mr. Tootle. “Anyone who’s suffered through even one antenna failure will appreciate the absolute brute strength of these units”.
Antenna failures represent an unnecessary inconvenience and expense for system operators. The high cost of travel and manpower to replace a failed unit far exceeds any saving realized on the initial purchase of an antenna.
The Pro Grade 216 is engineered specifically for 220 MHz system owners seeking a "No Fail" antenna solution in this frequency band.
Wavelink Professional Grade antennas feature:
- Aircraft quality 6061-T6 aluminum frame.
- Fully TIG welded construction provides strength, antenna is electrically one piece.
- All components are precision machined on state of the art CNC equipment to ensure consistent performance.
- Factory installed, sealed and tested Integral feed-lines (available up to 50 feet long) offer several benefits and eliminate the requirement for field installed feed cables.
- Thermoset Polymer Coating helps reduce ice build up and protects against environmental damage.
- Includes a heavy duty bracket that easily permits horizontal or vertical polarization.
- A 5 year warranty comes standard with all Wavelink Professional Grade Antennas.
Wavelink Antenna Systems Ltd. is a Calgary, Canada based manufacturer of Premium Quality antennas and related peripherals. Current products include Professional Grade Yagi, Omni Directional, Offset Dipole and Grid antennas.
The Wavelink Value Series includes select Yagi and Omni models.
For additional information please visit http://www.WavelinkAntenna.com