Denver, CO (PRWEB) July 23, 2010
Reality television star Heidi Montag, who admitted having 10 plastic surgery procedures done in one day and said she nearly died from an overdose of the pain medication Demerol administered as part of the treatment, has cast a negative pall on American women’s obsession with beauty. This 24-year-old celebrity has undergone breast augmentation, collagen lip injections, Rhinoplasty, brow lifts, ear pinnings, a chin reduction and reshaping, and more – all after the already attractive young woman was cast on the MTV series The Hills.
Denver plastic surgeon Dr. Jeffrey Raval, MD, FACS, medical director of Rocky Mountain Laser Aesthetics, calls Montag’s course of action far too drastic and advises that the development of the latest in medical lasers he has recently deployed in his clinic offer most women economical, non-invasive beauty and anti-aging treatments with great results and far less risk.
“I’m a plastic surgeon, so I understand the desire to enhance one’s beauty, but Montag crossed the line,” says Dr. Raval. “In some cases, particularly for older women looking to combat aging and the youth culture, some plastic surgery may be the appropriate treatment. But for enhancing beauty, smoothing out wrinkles and overall skin rejuvenation, we now have medical laser treatments that restore, enhance and maintain beauty without the obsession. The Montag surgery media coverage has created a frenzy of inquiries, and women need to know that modern medicine offers a wealth of better alternatives.”
Dr. Raval says that modern laser technology under the guidance of a professional offers economical and non-invasive relief for such conditions as wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, sun spots and sun damage, freckles, broken blood vessels, and more.
“For most women, the issues of aging or skin conditions detracting from beauty are relatively minor – the desire to ease wrinkles or age lines, small facial discoloring from years of sun exposure, burst capillaries or rosacea,” says Dr. Raval. “We have a number of techniques employing state-of-the-art medical lasers that can restore a youthful appearance with minimal downtime and great results.”
At Rocky Mountain Laser Aesthetics, it all begins with the Visia System, an imaging technology that provides a clear, multi-dimensional portrait of a patient’s skin condition, both topically and subsurface. Using Visia, the highly trained technicians identify wrinkles and wrinkle depths, spots, blocked pores, color variations, UV photodamage, and even more serious conditions like potentially cancerous spots, and then recommend a complete facial rejuvenation regimen to enhance beauty and restore a more youthful complexion.
Depending on the unique situation of each patient, Rocky Mountain Laser Aesthetics offers a broad array of laser and combination services to achieve the desired results, such as:
- FotoFacial – Using what is known as IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, technology, gentle light pulses target pigment imperfections to erase age spots, freckels, dun damage, redness, enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles. Using a Diolite 542 laser, IPL is a great choice for patients with active lifestyles since the procedure requires no downtime.
- Levulan Photodynamic Therapy, which incorporates IPL with a prescription topical solution called Levulan Kerastick. This is an advanced treatment for actinic keratosis (AKs), which are rough-textured, dry scaly patches on the skin that can lead to skin cancer.
- The Ultimate Laser Peel, a skin rejuvenating procedure, is performed with the state-of-the-art Sciton Laser and includes a mix of laser treatments to remove brown and red age spots, eradicate fine lines and wrinkles, and provide for skin tightening. Down time is minimal, with three to five days of redness.
- Sciton MciroLaser Peel is known as the Weekend Peel for its minimal dopwntime, removes fine lines and wrinkles and leaves youthful skin in its wake.
- Sciton ProFractional is a laser technique uses laser energy to create thousands of microscopic channels in the skin which are surrounded by areas of healthy, untreated skin. The zones of untreated skin invigorate the body’s natural healing process, and the treated areas stimulate production of new collagen, plumping up the skin and smoothing out wrinkles, lines, scars and other irregularities.
- Sciton CLEARSCAN™ vascular laser is the newest form of treatment to reduce veins and redness using infrared energy. ClearScan is being effectively used to precisely treat visible vessels, broken capillaries, spider veins, vascular lesions and discoloration of the skin, particularly on the face and neck. This proprietary Sciton laser tip is designed to treat veins, telangiectasia, rosacea and redness.
- The Sciton BBL (Broadband Light source) is the most versatile intense pulsed light system available. Used to treat sun-damaged skin, age spots and redness, the Sciton BBL features pulsed light to deliver solutions to sun-damaged skin and aging skin too. The treatment is non-invasive and requires no downtime. The BBL will gently heat up the upper layers of the skin where the heat is absorbed by the targeted areas to stimulate the skin cells to generate new collagen. This helps to rejuvenate skin, blending color and texture and making it smoother, vibrant and younger looking.
- SkinTyte™, based on the principle of selective thermolysis and using the award-winning Sciton laser’s BBL pulsed light technology, SkinTyte is a non-invasive procedure that requires no downtime. SkinTyte is recommended for patients who desire moderate, yet noticible improvement and tightening of their skin without having to undergo surgery. SkinTyte laser treatments deeply heat dermal collagen, a process that promotes partial denaturation and contraction of collagen. The heat also initiates the body’s natural healing process which encourages new production of natural collagen resulting in firmer skin.
In addition to these laser facial services, Rocky Mountain Laser Aesthetics also features services for hair reduction, tattoo reduction and vein reduction. Also, the clinic administers such facial fillers as Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and Perlane, such wrinkle reduction services as Botox injections, eyelash volume boosting procedures, and acne control therapies.
“We have many modern laser techniques in our clinic, and we always custom design a facial rejuvenation program for each patient,” says Dr. Raval. “We can accommodate any budget and any beauty need for a lifetime of youthful appearance.”
Dr. Raval is also a board certified facial plastic surgeon and ear, nose and throat surgeon who practices under the Raval Facial Aesthetics, P.C. banner, co-located with Rocky Mountain Laser Aesthetics.
For more information on the wide range of beauty and anti-aging services provided by Rocky Mountain Laser Aesthetics visit http://www.rockymountainlaser.com/ and call 303-985-8520. The clinic is located in Denver’s noted Cherry Creek North shopping and dining neighborhood.