“We are really excited about launching such a simple and straight forward credit card. We really feel it goes beyond anything that is out there at the moment in terms of offering our customers great value for money as well as tangible rewards.
(PRWEB) July 24, 2010
Halifax announces the launch of the Clarity Credit Card. The Clarity card is a clear and transparent credit card which is now available to new and existing customers in branch, on the telephone and online.
The key features include:
- No fees on cash withdrawals, no foreign exchange fees and no balance transfer fees, as well as having no annual fee. This will significantly reduce the cost of using a credit card.
- One simple low flat rate of 12.9% APR across all transactions means that customers can feel confident that however they use their card it will cost the same
- In addition existing Halifax Current Account customers can earn £5 a month for using the Clarity credit card. This means customers with a Halifax Reward Current Account can now earn up to £120 in rewards each year, for using the Clarity card and Reward account
A simple, straightforward card
Charges for withdrawing money at a cashpoint have been removed, no foreign exchange fees will be applied, all balance transfers will be fee free and there will be no annual fee.
All transactions will be subject to exactly the same low level of interest of 12.9%. However customers choose to use their card they can feel confident that it will not cost them more than it would when only using it on purchases. In addition the standard order of payments will not apply on the Clarity card as all transactions are paid off at the same low rate of 12.9%
£120 annual reward package for Halifax current account customers
An additional reward will be available for qualifying Halifax Current Account holders. They will receive a £5 cashback offer when they spend over £300 in any one month. This is a higher level of reward compared with typical cashback products in the marketplace of 0.5% which would see a customer who spent £300 a month earn just £1.50 a month, and those spending £500 earn £2.50.
This additional reward means that existing Halifax Reward Account customers who pay £1000 a month into their current account could now earn up to £120 a year; with a £5 monthly reward on their current account and £5 with the Clarity card.
Mark Powys, Halifax Credit Cards comments: “We are really excited about launching such a simple and straight forward credit card. We really feel it goes beyond anything that is out there at the moment in terms of offering our customers great value for money as well as tangible rewards. It fits well with our philosophy of trying to make banking easier for our customers and brings a greater level of simplicity to the credit card market.”
Halifax Clarity Credit Card:
- Halifax Clarity Credit Card offers a Typical 12.9% APR Variable (17.9% or 21.9% APR).
- Halifax Clarity Credit Card has no cash fee, no balance transfer fee, no foreign exchange fee and no annual fee. Overlimit and late payment fees will still be charged
- The £5 cashback facility is available to customers who, at the point of taking out the Clarity card, pay £1,000 or more each month into their Halifax current account, open or hold an Ultimate Reward Current Account, or move their current account to Halifax using the Halifax Switching Service and pay in £1,000 or more each month.
- Customers must spend at least £300 on purchases (net of any refunds or reversals) in a statement period, stay within their credit limit and make their payments on time in order to qualify for the £5 cashback.
- The issue of a Credit Card depends on our assessment of your circumstances. You must be 18 or over and a UK resident to apply.
- The Halifax Clarity Credit Card® is issued and administered by Bank of Scotland plc pursuant to a licence from MasterCard®
- MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Bank of Scotland plc Registered office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland No.SC327000. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
or more information contact Claire Barratt, media relations manager, Lloyds Banking Group: 020 7661 4668