Grand Prairie, TX (PRWEB) July 24, 2010
Pollock Paper (http://www.pollockpaper.com), a national distributor of retail packaging, food service supplies, industrial packaging, cleaning products and equipment, and janitorial supplies, is now the exclusive Texas provider of case and bulk packs of VerTerra™ (http://www.verterra.com), an eco-friendly line of disposable dinnerware made from fallen leaves and water.
Recipient of the "Best New Green/Environmentally-friendly Product Award" at the 2008 National Products Expo East conference, VerTerra sets a new standard for single-use plates, bowls and serving dishes; not only are the products non-toxic, biodegradable, compostable, durable, lightweight and convenient, but also downright stylish.
According to David Berman, Pollock's Corporate Sales and Marketing Manager, "VerTerra dinnerware meets both the highest standards for environmentally-friendly products, and follows some of the most stringent safety standards for disposable food packaging.
"We are thrilled to add VerTerra dinnerware to our collection of green and sustainable food service solutions," stated Berman, noting these products are already popular with major organic grocery chain catering departments. "Made only of fallen palm leaves, steam, heat and pressure, VerTerra's products exemplify what we at Pollock refer to as environmentally intelligent solutions. VerTerra is the pure, all-natural choice for party-ready dinnerware."
- Naturally biodegrades in fewer than 2 months after disposal
- BPI-certified 100% compostable
- Made of fallen leaves, an agricultural waste product most often burned
- The entire steam, heat and pressure process uses just 10 percent of the energy that standard recycled paper plates require, and over 80 percent of the water is recaptured and reused
- No heat transference and maintains shape when in contact with hot substances
- Free from chemicals, glues, lacquers, bonding agents, bleaches, dyes, plastics, etc.
- Microwave-safe up to 2 minutes on high and oven-safe for up to 45 minutes at 350 degrees
Amy Thompson, Pollock Paper's Corporate Merchandiser for food service summed it up when she said, "VerTerra is as 'green' as it gets. Not only does their name mean 'true to the earth,' but their products and production steps reflect that commitment as well."
About Pollock Paper
For over 90 years, Pollock Paper and the company's corrugated manufacturing division have been providing packaging and cleaning systems, solutions, and products to building service contractors, facility maintenance providers, manufacturing and warehouse facilities, school and government offices, healthcare facilities, food service operations, and retail chains. Find out more about Pollock at http://www.pollockpaper.com.