Woodbridge, NJ (Vocus) July 25, 2010
Most organizations suffer from data security vulnerabilities within their databases. In addition to the need for securing business data, regulations across industries demand compliance with standards regarding data access, auditing, segregation of duties and the protection of personally identifiable information (PII).To fully protect your data, it’s necessary to go far beyond traditional data security measures and undertake an enterprise level security approach that not only guarantees data security, but also simultaneously ensures compliance with multiple regulations such as SOX or PCIA.
Renowned DBA expert, Sam Alapati, Ph.D., who authored 8 bestselling Oracle DBA and Oracle Certification guides will discuss:
- The relationship between Database Security and regulatory compliance;
- Identifying, classifying and protecting critical enterprise data;
- Current Oracle Database Security best practices;
- A “must-implement” set of security practices to protect against threats;
- Oracle options/features that should be adopted for enhanced security and compliance; and
- The importance of an enterprise database security strategy.
WHO: Dr. Sam Alapati, Senior Technical Director, Miro Consulting
WHEN/ WHERE: Thursday, August 12, 2010
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT (10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT)
To register/attend, go to http://bit.ly/9A7s86
TWEET: Follow the webinar on Twitter: MiroConsulting (#Miro).
This free webinar is part of Miro Consulting’s CIO Trusted Advisory seminar series.
Miro Consulting, Inc. helps companies analyze and negotiate enterprise software contracts – specifically Microsoft and Oracle licensing. In addition, the company offers software asset management services. Since 2000, the NJ-based company has negotiated over $1 billion in software licensing transactions. Miro has helped 400+ clients worldwide to optimize their total cost of ownership (TCO).
For more information, go to http://www.miroconsulting.com.
All names are the property of their respective owners.