Earlier this year, The Globe and Mail reported that about one of every four moves generates a consumer complaint.
(PRWEB) July 29, 2010
Since the deregulation of the moving industry in the 1980s there has been a rise in fly by night operators and unscrupulous trucking companies. In 2004, in an effort to eradicate predatory practices that were rampant in the moving industry, Canada’s Office of Consumer Affairs created the Good Practice Guidelines for Canadian Movers and a Consumer Checklist for Choosing a Moving Company.
Recently in the news, the spotlight has been on the Canadian moving industry once again with a number of alarming incidents leading to the shutdown of several shady moving companies. Earlier this year, The Globe and Mail reported that about one of every four moves generates a consumer complaint. There have been discussions recently on the introduction of a Bill of Rights to protect consumers by various government bodies, stakeholders and Toronto moving companies. One of the Toronto Movers that has been doing it right for a number of years is Tender Touch Moving.
Tender Touch Moving is a company that has built up a reputation as the customer’s mover. The results can be seen from the numerous reviews posted by customers on HomeStars.ca. Their exceptional ratings are a testimony to their commitment and dedication to customer service standards within the moving industry. 98% of customers who’ve used the Toronto movers would use their moving service again.
Jason Morin, General Manager of Tender Touch Moving said “In our line of business, we have heard many horror moving stories from customers who have been duped by Toronto moving companies as well as other moving companies in and around Canada. We have always believed in providing our customers with the best possible moving practices and services and have always been in favour of a move towards supporting an industry wide Bill of Rights for the protection of consumers.”
So, what is Tender Touch Moving’s approach and how can other Toronto moving companies improve their services? Their approach is simple, with the primary focus on providing customers with the highest level of service;
- Clear accurate and fair estimates: Tender Touch uses thorough estimate forms, free in-home estimates and knowledgeable customer service representatives to find out exactly what the customer needs. The pricing structure is transparent and no additional charges are added during the move.
- Various levels of protection against loss and damage: Basic damage and loss protection come as standard, but customers also have the chance to fully insure all of their goods for their move with Tender Touch's comprehensive protection plans.
- Professional moving crew that is uniformed, friendly and courteous: Tender Touch crews are trained to be professional and courteous during every stage of the move to help eliminate stress from their customers' moving day.
- Fully Equipped Trucks: Tender Touch trucks do not leave the depot unless they are clean and fully equipped with floor runners, railing covers, padding and furniture covers to protect your possessions during the packing and moving process.
As a customer searching for Toronto movers or Toronto moving companies or any moving companies for that matter, it is essential to start with the following questions to ensure that you are choosing the right mover or moving company;
- Is the moving company part of the Better Business Bureau and Canadian Association of Movers? Check the ratings and references of the moving company through online sources such as HomeStars.ca, professional associations and friends.
- Are the movers insured? Ask for the name of the insurance company and the policy number.
- Is the equipment owned by the company or subcontracted? If the equipment is subcontracted, check the references of the subcontracting company.
- Ask for an estimate, many moving companies have estimate forms that can be easily filled out and sent to the moving company online or through toll free numbers. It is essential that the forms or estimate made should accurately reflect the move that will take place to avoid extra charges.
- Ask about the levels of protection that are available for the move if anything is damaged whilst in transit. Check the terms and conditions of what is covered and what is not covered.
As a consumer know your rights and don’t get duped by fraudulent or fly by night operators. Tender Touch Moving is one of many reputable moving companies and is in support of an industry wide bill of rights to help protect consumers’ interests.
# # #