The next generation of data management solutions include graph databases, such as InfiniteGraph, which are becoming very significant in several areas, particularly those related to complex relationship analysis.
Sunnyvale, CA (Vocus) July 29, 2010
Objectivity, Inc., a leading provider of data management solutions, has released the first version of its enterprise-ready distributed graph database product, following a successful beta program which began earlier this year. InfiniteGraph enables large-scale graph processing, data analytics and discovery, and supports the leading requirements of organizations seeking valuable connections in data and information, and building advanced systems and services around social networking, business intelligence, scientific research, national security and similar efforts.
InfiniteGraph's uniquely distributed graph database solution enables commercial, enterprise, government and other organizations to discover complex relationships in their vast and highly distributed data, with significant time-to-market advantages and technical cost savings.
InfiniteGraph’s benefits and advantages include:
- Distributed - Unique architecture enables distributed data and processing.
- Scalable - Unique addressing scheme supports exabyte and greater scale.
- Simple - Faster time to market, and significant time/cost savings in development.
- Performance - Simultaneous access by multiple processes and connections, and no mapping layer between logical and physical addressing.
"The next generation of data management solutions include graph databases, such as InfiniteGraph, which are becoming very significant in several areas, particularly those related to complex relationship analysis." says Carl W. Olofson, Research Vice President for Database Management and Data Integration Software Research at IDC.
InfiniteGraph’s flexible license options open new markets
InfiniteGraph is available in several evaluation, developer and runtime licensing options. The product supports a wide range of consumers including individual developers, new businesses and innovative start-ups, and enterprise and government customers:
- Developers can try InfiniteGraph free for two months in their local Linux or Windows environments, or most virtualized cloud platforms.
- For longer term proof-of-concept or similar projects, developer licenses are available starting at $999 per year, which includes world-class support.
- Qualified start-ups and new businesses may use InfiniteGraph for free, per an exclusive offer provided by Objectivity and its cloud platform partner, GoGrid. InfiniteGraph is the only solution of its kind to be made available on GoGrid or any cloud computing platform.
- For runtime licenses, OEM, VAR and partner licensing, the company provides custom quotes based on the customers’ unique requirements and requested services and support options.
The InfiniteGraph API is available for download at https://download.infinitegraph.com.
Post beta results:
Nearly 700 registrants participated in the InfiniteGraph beta program, representing a range of users from Fortune 500 organizations to innovative start-up companies. InfiniteGraph is already being evaluated by several high-technology, business intelligence and informatics, bioinformatics, business and IT consulting and government organizations.
"We are committed to providing our customers with the most leading-edge database technology possible, and that is what led us to create InfiniteGraph; in turn our customers provided us with their invaluable feedback, which made the beta program a success,” said Jay Jarrell, president and CEO of Objectivity. “Through InfiniteGraph we will continue to provide developers with the tools to support the ultimate combination of simplicity and scalability that will ultimately enable organizations to find, store and exploit the relationships hidden in their data in an instant.”
Feedback from beta participants centered primarily around the following strengths:
- InfiniteGraph’s unique architecture and addressing scheme enables distributed data and processing, and exabyte or greater scalability.
- InfiniteGraph supports a true concurrent client connection model.
- The client caching layer is very sophisticated, minimizes disk reads and optimizes data locality.
- The graph database has been proven in enterprise and government deployments, and includes a full range of administration tools for deployment and management of an enterprise data platform.
InfiniteGraph's uniquely distributed graph database solution enables commercial, enterprise, government and other organizations to discover complex relationships in their vast and highly distributed data, with significant time-to-market advantages and technical cost savings. Please visit http://www.InfiniteGraph.com for more information.
About Objectivity, Inc.
Objectivity, Inc. is the leader in distributed, scalable data management technology. The company’s patented distributed data engine and persistent object store is the enabling technology within many markets, powering some of the most complex applications and mission critical systems used in commercial, enterprise, government and research organizations today. Objectivity, Inc. is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, USA.
Objectivity, Objectivity, Inc., Objectivity/DB and InfiniteGraph are trademarks of Objectivity, Inc.. All other company, organization, product or alliance names mentioned herein remain the property of their respective owners.
# # #