SC Magazine's powerful editorial, aimed at keeping IT and security professionals abreast of the latest security threats and solutions, solidified their position as Magazine of the Year
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 30, 2010
SC Magazine was named Magazine of the Year at the American Society of Business Publications Editors' (ASBPE) 2010 Northeastern Region and National Awards of Excellence ceremony on July 28. SC Magazine was given the highest honor in its category. The IT security publication also took home nine other awards in ASBPE's highly competitive editorial and design competition.
In the Magazine of the Year competition, judges from the professional B2B magazine-editing world evaluated three consecutive issues from each entrant examining: writing, reporting and editing; usefulness to and interactivity with readers; editorial organization; and layout and design.
"My colleagues, team and I want to thank ASBPE for this awesome award," said Illena Armstrong, editor-in-chief, SC Magazine. "It's a privilege to receive this recognition from our industry peers and certainly one we'll be celebrating for quite some time to come, as well as an honor we'll be trying for again next year, and the next and the next…"
In addition to the Magazine of the Year designation, SC Magazine won nine additional ASPBE honors, in regional and national designations, including:
- The Dec. 2009 "Reboot" issue of SC Magazine won a Silver Award for Annual Buyer's Guide.
- Editor-in-Chief Illena Armstrong picked up two awards for her editorial excellence in penning "Guarding against a data breach"(Jan. 2009), which won the Bronze Award for Original Research, and for her cover story, "CSO of the year" (May 2009), which won a Bronze Award for Individual Profile.
- The SC Lab team (Peter Stephenson, Mike Stephenson, Judy Traub and John Aitken), which provides all the product reviews each month, took home a Silver Award for Product Section (March, April, May 2009).
- Dan Kaplan, deputy editor, was recognized for Feature Article with a Silver Award for his cover story,"Inside Out" (March 2009).
- In the 2010 Awards Northeast Region Competition, Kaplan also was honored with a Bronze Award for Feature Article for "Change of heart" (Sept. 2009).
- Editor-in-Chief Illena Armstrong won a Silver Award for Editor's Letter Feb. and May 2009.
- Managing Editor Greg Masters won a Bronze Award for Case History with "Riding shotgun"(Dec. 2009).
- Art Director Brian Jackson took home a Silver Award for Graphics Excellence in the Opening page/spread-photo category for "Certifiably trusted" (Oct. 2009).
"SC Magazine's powerful editorial, aimed at keeping IT and security professionals abreast of the latest security threats and solutions, solidified their position as Magazine of the Year," said Holly Lundgren, administrative director, ASBPE. "This publication is most deserving of our top honor and we commend the outlet's commitment to excellence in journalism."
SC Magazine has won many previous honors from ASBPE, including five Gold Awards in the 2009 competition, including Annual Buyer's Guide (Dec. 2008), Original Research](Nov. 2008) and Feature Article-Design (Nov. 2008).
The ASBPE Awards honor outstanding work by magazines, newsletters and digital media. The competition is open to all U.S.-based publications. The top entries nationwide receive national awards. Print publications also compete against others in their own regions, broken down in four regions in the United States.
"The title of Magazine of the Year by ASBPE solidifies SC Magazine's position as the top IT publication in the U.S. and abroad, "said Tony Keefe, development director of Haymarket Media Group, parent company of SC Magazine. "The editorial staff is committed to covering the most relevant and up-to-date IT security news and to provide information only available in SC Magazine's print and online editions."
About SC Magazine
SC Magazine provides IT security professionals with in-depth and unbiased information through timely news, comprehensive analysis, cutting-edge features, contributions from thought leaders and the best, most extensive collection of product reviews in the business. By offering a consolidated view of IT security through independent product tests and well-researched editorial content that provides the contextual backdrop for how these IT security tools will address larger demands put on businesses today, SC Magazine enables IT security pros to make the right security decisions for their companies. The brand's portfolio includes the SC World Congress Conference and Expo, SC Congress Canada, SC Magazine Awards, SC Directory, and SC Magazine Newswire. SC Magazine was recognized as the 2010 Magazine of the Year at the American Society of Business Publications Editors' (ASBPE) 2010 Northeastern Region and National Awards of Excellence conference.