“With online video advertising set to grow 48% this year according to eMarketer, WatchMojo's premium content catalog of 6000 videos and distribution network of 10M views uniquely positions us to outgrow the market”, states CEO Ashkan Karbasfrooshan.
New York City (PRWEB) August 6, 2010
WatchMojo kicked off the second half of 2010 by serving its 150,000,000th all-time video stream, setting a single-month record of over 9.7 million streams in July.
This year, WatchMojo accelerated its core business of producing and distributing its own catalog of 5,700 professionally-produced, evergreen premium videos to aggregators, portals and niche publishers.
Additionally, WatchMojo has expanded by:
- Launching the WatchMojo.tv initiative, aggregating super premium content from traditional media companies via partnerships with Hulu, 5Min and Grab Networks, adding over 100,000 premium and super-premium professional videos from 250 producers and nearly 1,500 television series, galvanizing the WatchMojo.com property as a leading source of the best video content offerings online.
- Redistributing third party content from niche premium producers, effectively doubling the number of videos the Company distributes from 100 per month to nearly 200 per month.
- Expanding into direct marketing deals with blue chip marketers who seek to seamlessly advertise their brands alongside safe, professional content on the largest social media environments, on which sites WatchMojo has created a massive and ever-growing presence.
After doubling its annual video streams to 65 million in 2009, WatchMojo is on pace to serve over 100 million videos in 2010. In the past 12 months, the Company has served 90 million videos across partner sites such as YouTube, Hulu, Thomson Reuters, IGN and many others. It has also recently added or formalized a number of high profile partnerships including Yahoo! in the US, Bell Sympatico and Canwest Media in Canada, and Sevenload in Europe. WatchMojo’s recent partnerships come at a time when media companies are doubling down on content:
- AOL acquired StudioNow for $36.5 million,
- Yahoo! acquired Associated Content for $90 million,
- AdConion acquired Kush TV, and
- Valueclick just paid $42M for finance site Investopedia.
- Even Google’s YouTube, historically adverse to content, has set up a Grants program to help producers ramp up content offerings.
The Company has also added a plethora of wireless partnerships and continues to reach over 15 million consumers each month in the digital out-of-home market across North America.
CEO Ashkan Karbasfrooshan explains: “Since 2006, WatchMojo.com has been a hub showcasing the entertaining and informative content we have produced across a dozen categories including automotive, entertainment, fashion, health, lifestyle, sports and travel. But now that we have generated 160,000,000 click-to-play, user-initiated views across the Web, it was time to open up our site to other producers whose content matches well with ours.”
In addition to guaranteed licensing revenues and revenue share syndication deals, the Company is diversifying its revenue base by adding direct marketing deals with ad agencies and brands such as Coors Molson, Telus, Bluefly and others – all of whom have become repeat clients.
“With online video advertising set to grow 48% this year according to eMarketer, advertisers will continue to increase their investment in online video. And as marketers become increasingly concerned with the quality and relevancy of the content alongside their brands, WatchMojo is uniquely positioned to outgrow the market”, adds Karbasfrooshan.
Launched in 2006, WatchMojo is privately held and funded by Karbasfrooshan, whose former company AskMen was a leader in men’s lifestyle content before being acquired by IGN Entertainment in 2005; today, it is a part of News Corp.’s FOX Digital unit.
WatchMojo helps you become more successful by covering the people, places and things that inform and entertain you socially, personally and professionally.
Supplying the world's largest media properties, WatchMojo is a leading producer of professionally-produced, ad-friendly, premium videos covering Automotive, Business, Comedy, Education, Fashion, Film, Food, Health & Fitness, History, How To, Lifestyle, Music, Politics, Science, Space, Sports, Urban Living, Technology, Travel and Video Games.
The company's library of 5,700 videos generate 9,700,000 views a month, 160,000,000 all-time and reach 20,000,000 consumers each month online and in the out-of-home digital signage network. Learn more on http://www.WatchMojo.com.
# # #