Minneapolis, MI and San Antonio, TX (PRWEB) August 17, 2010
Employee assessments and online personality tests are vital to successful business and leadership development for human resource teams. Pearson's Talent Assessment group, the employment assessment business of the global education company, today announced the launch of http://www.ThinkWatson.com, an online resource and training center for critical thinking skill development. The new website will help HR executives and talent managers shape their professional hiring and development programs and sharpen employees' decision making and reasoning skills.
ThinkWatson.com provides opportunities to explore critical thinking research and presentations, to assess critical thinking ability, and to find a training solution to fit any workforce. The site offers:
- Learning resources such as the Critical Thinking Means Business white paper and the "2009/2010 Trends in Executive Development" report, a summary of survey results from top organizations
- Information about Pearson's Watson-Glaser™ II Critical Thinking Appraisal, the leading assessment to measure and develop critical thinking ability
- Critical thinking training options including individualized, onsite "boot camps" conducted in partnership with Executive Development Associates; Critical Thinking University, Pearson's online social learning portal coming in the fall; and seminars in major U.S. cities across the country delivered by the American Management Association
- An online community and blog for Watson-Glaser customers to learn to apply critical thinking in real life and share tips and best practices
- Critical thinking challenges, brain teasers, and video content, updated monthly
Additional information about Pearson Talent Assessment can be found at http://www.talentlens.com/en/ or you can follow Pearson's Talent Assessment group on Twitter @talentlens.
"Critical thinking is the number one workplace skill, ranking higher than innovation and information technology skills, according to a survey of 400 senior human resources leaders," said Heather Ishikawa, Director at Pearson Talent Assessment. "We know that critical thinking is a game-changing management skill, enabling better thinking and enhanced day-to-day decision making, which is why Pearson Talent Assessment is focused on helping human resource teams and talent managers to have easier access to critical thinking training and resources at http://www.ThinkWatson.com ."
About Pearson Talent Assessment
Pearson's Talent Assessment group publishes scientific assessments that are used globally to hire and develop the 21st century workforce. Its instruments measure critical thinking, problem-solving and a range of job skills to deliver data-driven insights that inform and clarify an organization's human capital decisions.
Pearson has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO).