Because of its advanced capabilities, we now believe that this is the best scheduling software available, especially for companies that use 12-hour shifts.
San Rafael, CA (PRWEB) September 1, 2010
Numerous software options are available for managing employee shift schedules. Although these programs help to track absences, identify gaps in coverage, and produce a variety of schedules and reports, they do not address the most challenging task in shift schedule management: filling open shifts that result from absences (such as vacations, illness, and training) or temporary staffing shortfalls.
Now that has changed. ShiftHound Online Staff Scheduling Software has both employee scheduling and open shift management capabilities. Unlike other scheduling programs, users can identify employees qualified to fill the open shift and notify them via text message or email that an overtime opportunity is available. Communications regarding schedule changes, time-off requests, shift swaps, and overtime opportunities are handled online, significantly reducing the time supervisors spend on these tasks.
The latest software release is the result of a joint effort between ShiftHound, a software developer that focuses on workforce management, and Shiftwork Solutions LLC, a consulting firm that specializes in solving problems for shiftwork operations.
Dan Capshaw, a partner at Shiftwork Solutions, explains that the collaboration has produced a uniquely superior product. “We worked with the ShiftHound to fine-tune their software so it addresses the needs of all types of shiftwork operations. Because of its advanced capabilities, we now believe that this is the best scheduling software available, especially for companies that use 12-hour shifts.”
The new software benefits both employees and their supervisors. Key benefits for employees are:
- Convenient online access to their schedule.
- Easier to submit requests for time-off, shift swaps, and overtime opportunities.
- Faster responses to those requests.
- Greater involvement in the scheduling process.
Key benefits for supervisors are:
- Allows them to print schedules for certain departments, positions, shifts, or time periods
- Creates reports to help manage vacations and other absences
- Ensures adequate coverage by identifying gaps and helping to fill the open shifts.
- Saves time, allowing them to be supervisors instead of scheduling clerks.
- Improves communication with subordinates (time-off requests, shift swaps, and overtime opportunities)
According to Jim Dillingham, another partner at Shiftwork Solutions, “The job of filling open shifts has been the Achilles heel of 12-hour shift schedules. Supervisors can spend a substantial amount of time trying to find a qualified worker to come into work on his or her day off whenever there is a staffing shortfall. The ShiftHound software is the perfect solution for this.”