SimilarSiteSearch.com could become an invaluable tool for millions of Internet users who are looking for similar or alternative websites.
Colfax, NC (PRWEB) September 2, 2010
Research on global Internet traffic data by SimilarSiteSearch.com shows that traffic for similar websites related searches well surpasses millions of times per month. A more detailed research shows what people are searching for and how they are getting the results.
The figure below shows Google’s estimation of monthly global traffic related to similar site searches on Aug. 31, 2010. Only three popular keywords “sites like”, “similar sites”, and “websites like” were used in the traffic estimation. The number of searches these keywords generated adds up to 1.5 million. The actual number of searches could be much larger if other keywords, keywords in other languages, and other traffic sources besides Google are included.
A research was conducted by SimilarSiteSearch.com to understand why people are searching for similar websites and what they are searching for. The data for the research came from Google’s traffic estimation, SimilarSiteSearch.com's search logs, and Yahoo Answers, which is a popular Q&A site. The following categories of reasons for similar site searches were identified:
1. Fun: People want entertainment and are constantly in search for fun websites. When people cannot get enough of sites they know, they will want to know if there are more similar ones to the sites they like.
2. Research: Researchers need to find similar resources for various purposes. For example, when a blogger or a reporter finds an interesting website and wants to publish an article about it, he or she usually does some research on the site. One of the key researches is to figure out if there are alternative sites or some sites that are even better.
3. Alternatives to Closed Sites: The economic and legal reasons tend to take over and shut down many websites. Users for these sites want to know if there are alternatives.
4. Website Promotion: Webmasters are eager to publicize their sites and build back links. They want to know more directory, press release, and SEO sites to the ones they already know.
5. Competition: Website owners are interested in finding who are competing with them.
SimilarSiteSearch.com and several other sites have emerged in the past one or two years to help users find similar websites. However, the fact that millions of similar site searches are coming from Google means that most Internet users are still not aware of the existence of these new websites. As the best search engine for finding similar sites, http://www.SimilarSiteSearch.com could become an invaluable tool for millions of Internet users who are looking for similar, related or alternative websites.