“It was quite a long process to wade through the entries for the Mobilize 2010 LaunchPad, but these 10 companies stand out for their innovation and executable ideas,” said GigaOm editor Stacey Higginbotham, co-chair of Mobilize 2010 alongside GigaOM Net
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 1, 2010
GigaOM today announced the winners of Mobilize 2010 LaunchPad, a high-profile competition that recognizes the 10 most promising mobile start-ups. With a huge body of entries to search from, just 10 were chosen as winners based on their innovative business models.
The LaunchPad winners will present their companies on stage at Mobilize 2010, the largest and most influential mobile industry conference, set to take place September 30th at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco. The winners of the Mobilize 2010 LaunchPad competition are:
- AdelaVoice: AdelaVoice is blending the power of voice with state-of-the-art speech recognition technologies to create a new, innovative and interactive relationship between people and their devices.
- FeedHenry: FeedHenry provides a cloud platform for building and deploying consumer and enterprise apps that can run on all smartphones, social media sites and browsers from a single code base.
- Jiepang: Jiepang is the leading mobile location-based social networking service in China, similar to Foursquare in the US.
- Micello: Micello has been dubbed "Google Maps inside a building" and is disrupting the entire location-based services market.
- Netmobo: Netmobo's infrastructure-as-a-service allows mobile developers to exploit new revenue models through flexible pricing, charging, payment and customer usage controls.
- SpiderCloud Wireless: SpiderCloud Wireless has developed an Enterprise Radio Access Network to help mobile operators address coverage and capacity issues inside the enterprise with a scalable E-RAN.
- Spork: Spork, a location-based application that turns every street corner into a dynamic, personalized menu of dishes and drinks based on trusted recommendations and reviews.
- Unity Technologies: Unity Technologies is revolutionizing the game development industry with Unity, its breakthrough development platform for creating highly interactive 3D content on mobile, web and console.
- Vive: Vive is a start-up within Qualcomm Services Labs, an affiliate of Qualcomm Incorporated.
- VISIARC: VISIARC offers MOBILE DOCUMENTS™ — cloud-boosted Email 2.0 — push mail & mobile document sharing with unique remote mobile attachment handling (pat. pend.).
“It was quite a long process to wade through the entries for the Mobilize 2010 LaunchPad, but these 10 companies stand out for their innovation and executable ideas,” said GigaOm editor Stacey Higginbotham, co-chair of Mobilize 2010 alongside GigaOM Network founder Om Malik. “We look forward to seeing them present their products on stage at Mobilize 2010.”
Mobile startups less than 18 months old in infrastructure, web and enterprise, broadband, location-based services, and other sectors, with a soon-to-launch or recently-launched product, were eligible to apply for LaunchPad.
Mobilize 2010 is a unique, interactive conference that enables attendees to discuss and debate issues with each other and speakers in an open format. The conference is a high-level meeting-of-the-minds where executives and entrepreneurs from app companies, carriers, service providers, infrastructure companies, and technology firms will come together with leading media and venture investors to discuss pressing issues in the mobile industry – and how the mobile and cloud industries are converging to alter the communications landscape. Headline speakers at Mobilize 2010 include Nicholas Negroponte, Founder and Chairman of One Laptop per Child; renowned industrial designer Yves Behar, creator of the Jawbone wireless headset and dozens of other iconic products; and Steven Mollenkopf, EVP and President of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies.
Mobilize 2010 is expected to draw over 550 attendees and tickets are selling out fast. Those who would like to attend the conference should register as soon as possible to ensure their space. Register for a bundled ticket and receive $100 off a subscription to GigaOm Pro.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading provider of online media, events and research for global technology innovators. The company is one of the most credible and insightful voices at the intersection of business and technology, with an online audience of more than 4 million monthly unique visitors; industry-leading events, including Structure, Mobilize, NewTeeVee Live, NetWork, Green:Net and Bunker Sessions; and a pioneering market research service and digital community, GigaOM Pro, which provides insider access to expert analysis on emerging technology markets.
# # #