“To run a multi-tenant and multi-site SaaS solution creates a whole new set of issues that we need to address." says Jim Dvorkin at Five9. “I feel that Continuent Tungsten solution is well positioned to address many of these issues.”
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) September 2, 2010
Continuent, Inc., a leading provider of integrated solutions for continuous data availability, advanced database replication, backup and database performance scalability, today announced the general availability of Continuent Tungsten version 1.3.
Continuent Tungsten solution offers significant improvements for customers running MySQL™ and PostgreSQL-based applications and solutions, and it is especially well-suited for SaaS and PaaS vendors running on MySQL.
During the past year Continuent has won over 20 new SaaS customers, including Thomson Reuters, Five9, Topspin and Church Community Builder, and it has several new deployments and proof-of-concepts under way.
“Today software is increasingly delivered via software as a service (SaaS) model. In many cases these solutions have been developed using low cost open source tools, which originally have not been designed for the specific needs of SaaS or PaaS vendors nor address the need for customer level SLAs,” says Eero Teerikorpi, CEO at Continuent.
“To run a multi-tenant and multi-site SaaS solution creates a whole new set of issues that we need to address. These include need for high performance, scalability, and last but not least, requirement for truly continuous operations without downtime -- even during our maintenance and upgrade cycles,” says Jim Dvorkin, CTO at Five9. “I feel that Continuent Tungsten solution is well positioned to address many of these issues.”
The key benefits Continuent Tungsten offers SaaS and PaaS vendors include:
- Profitability: Raise bottom-line profitability by preserving the open source investments already made and keeping operation costs lower with less manual labor.
- Service Level Agreements: Improve the ability to meet your customers’ SLAs with continuous application availability and response time requirements with no customer data loss.
- Growth: Enable growth by easily adding new customers and covering the increased performance and data volume by using existing hardware more effectively.
Tungsten high availability and data protection features include maintaining live copies with data consistency checking and tightly coupled backup/restore integration with advanced database cluster management tools. Tungsten cluster management allows system upgrades without downtime, thus enabling these maintenance operations during normal business hours without service interruptions.
The value-added features Continuent Tungsten offers open source database users include:
- Higher performance. Tungsten offers faster replication than native solutions for MySQL.
- Continuous operations. Tungsten enables zero-down time database upgrades (schema, software and hardware upgrades).
- Connectivity and load balancing. With Tungsten applications connect seamlessly, even within cloud environment, to the database backend and automatically balance the load created by users.
For more information on Continuent Tungsten, visit http://www.continuent.com.
Continuent, the leading provider of data availability and database cluster management solutions offers database high availability and incremental performance scaling using commodity hardware and databases. We provide continuous uptime so you can deliver business critical database applications with high data availability and accessibility. We also offer support, training and consulting services to our customers worldwide.
Continuent’s Tungsten provides a unique collection of solutions for database replication and cluster management. Tungsten’s core components are 100% open source. Tungsten is operating system independent and supports open source databases including MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL and EnterpriseDB™. For more information about Continuent and our products, visit http://www.continuent.com.
MySQL is a trademark of Oracle Corporation. EnterpriseDB is a trademark of EnterpriseDB Corporation.
Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective corporations.