Costa Mesa, CA (PRWEB) September 5, 2010
smxWiFi provides the necessary software to easily add wireless connectivity to an embedded system. It is a robust, 802.11 Media Access Control (MAC) stack specifically designed and developed for embedded systems. (An 802.11 network is a wireless local area network (WLAN) that conforms to the 802.11 standards.) smxWiFi conforms to 802.11 a/b/g/i/n.
Due to the complexities of the 802.11 protocol, smxWiFi requires a multitasking environment; for this, it has been integrated with our SMX® RTOS. A TCP/IP stack is also required; for this it has been integrated with our smxNSTM TCP/IP stack. smxWiFi is written in C, and can run on any hardware platform. smxWiFi can be ported to another RTOS and/or TCP/IP stack.
WiFi ordinarily requires a high level of security. There are two parameters for security. One is the Authentication Type and the other is the Encryption Algorithm/Protocol. For authentication, smxWiFi supports WPA, WPA-PSK (personal), WPA-EAP (enterprise) and the similar WPA2 protocols. For encryption, smxWiFi supports WEP, TKIP, and AES.
smxWiFi supports the Ralink RT2573, RT2870, RT3070, and RT2760 chipsets which are extensively used in USB WiFi adapters. These provide an easy, low-cost way to add WiFi to an embedded system and work with the smxUSBH USB host stack. smxWi also supports the Ralink RT2860 PCI chipset, which is available on many PCI cards. This chipset is supported directly by smxNS without smxUSB required.
Availability and Licensing
smxWiFi products are available now and include full source code, 90 days of technical support, and no per-seat charges. All of Micro Digital's software is royalty free and is sold with a 30-day money back guarantee. Demos are available, at no charge, from http://www.smxrtos.com/demo.
About Micro Digital
Micro Digital, Inc. has been in the embedded systems business for 35 years and has been producing and selling embedded software products for over 20 years. The company is dedicated to providing quality products and support for embedded systems at moderate prices. Micro Digital, Inc. may be contacted at 800-366-2491, email: sales(at)smxrtos(dot)com.
Further News from Micro Digital, Inc.
- Announces Partnership with Blue Water Embedded
- Announces smx RTOS for Energy Micro AS EFM32G Microcontrollers
- Announces RTOS Support For Four Major Cortex-M3 Families
- Micro Digital Attends the 2010 Embedded World Conference
- Micro Digital, Inc. and Atmel, Corp. Offer Complete Solution for AT91CAP9
- Micro Digital Celebrates 35 Years of Service to the Embedded Systems Industry
- GoFast® Floating Point Library for the Thumb-2 instruction set (Cortex)
- Extended smxWiFi™ support for 802.11n and additional Ralink chipsets
- Extended smxUSB™ 2.0 stacks support for Synopsys controllers
- Enhanced smxFLog™ flash logger's features for multiple logs
For more information contact:
Micro Digital, Inc.