Plano, TX (PRWEB) September 7, 2010
EMA Softech, a leading capital markets research and investment software firm, today announced the launch of AlphaFunds™, a powerful, new web-based suite of software tools which provides investment advisors with advanced risk analysis and performance measurement capabilities to evaluate mutual funds, as well as build and monitor mutual fund portfolios.
Charles Gabriel, CEO of EMA Softech, says AlphaFunds is a breakthrough for the wealth management industry, because it greatly expands access to the most advanced mutual fund risk evaluation techniques available.
AlphaFunds employs advanced financial economic methodology based on the academic- and industry-proven multi-factor asset-pricing approach developed by some of the world’s leading financial economists, including Eugene Fama and Kenneth French.
“The multi-factor approach produces superior estimates of risk and risk-adjusted returns compared to the single-factor and style-benchmarking techniques used by other mutual fund evaluation tools on the market,” Gabriel said.
“Until now, multi-factor fund evaluation technology has been offered only by the world’s largest institutional investment advisors who serve the large pension plan sponsors, endowments and trusts,” he said. “AlphaFunds now brings this advanced technology to RIAs and other investment professionals as a web-based solution that also is competitively priced.”
Andy Lawson, Ph.D., EMA Softech’s director of research and an investment economist, said, “AlphaFunds is a game changer in the mutual fund risk assessment arena. It harnesses the full power of modern financial economics while being easy to use. In today’s volatile capital markets, investment managers need the most rigorous and powerful tools to select the best funds for a client’s portfolio, and to carefully manage that portfolio’s risks. AlphaFunds provides these tools.”
With its financial economic research heritage and its long-term consulting relationship with one of the world’s largest custodial banks, EMA Softech is now bringing its industry-proven solutions to the broader investment advisory industry. The AlphaFunds application is the latest in a series of online “cloud-based” software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings from EMA Softech, available on a subscription basis.
AlphaFunds’ features include:
- Financial-economic technology—mutual funds’ risk-adjusted returns (alphas) and styles are measured with high-precision using advanced financial-economic methodologies based on the multi-factor asset-pricing approach.
- Alpha-based mutual fund scores—alpha-based scores are designed to help the user identify funds that consistently deliver high alphas.
- Mutual fund screening—the fund-screening tool allows outperforming funds within a user-specified style peer group to be identified with a click of the mouse.
- Portfolio monitoring—the portfolio-monitoring tool tracks the time trends of the scores and styles of the funds in user-built portfolios. Any significant changes in performance or style can be detected at a glance using the graphical displays of a fund’s score and style trend.
- Ease-of-Use—the fund-screening, portfolio-building and portfolio-monitoring tools are intuitive and integrated, allowing portfolios to be built directly from the screening results.
- Comprehensive mutual fund database—uses the extensive mutual fund data provided by Value-Line®, allowing users to screen against virtually every fund on the market.
AlphaFunds is being offered at a special introductory pricing for a limited time. For more information, or to start a 30-day free trial, visit http://www.emasoftech.com.
About EMA Softech
EMA Softech, located in Plano, Texas, provides investment industry research and consulting services and develops investment management software. It has been assisting wealth managers and institutional investment advisors since 1987. The company offers capital markets research as well as asset allocation and risk measurement software to RIAs, Plan Sponsors, fiduciaries, large financial institutions and bank trust departments. EMA Softech also provides a suite of online software-as-a-service (SaaS) products and custom software programming services for the financial services industry. For more information, visit http://www.EMAsoftech.com.