With the Sling-O-Matic we solved one of their biggest problems, which is that carrying heavy equipment solely on one shoulder can cause pain. Within just a few seconds, photographers can quickly switch the load – and the weight – from one shoulder to the other.
Santa Rosa, CA (PRWEB) September 9, 2010
Think Tank Photo today announced that in October it will release the Sling-O-Matic, the photo industry’s first sling bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder. The Sling-O-Matic’s adjustable, fully padded shoulder strap “automatically” slides along a set of rails to change which shoulder the bag can be worn on.
This innovation is the solution to the problem inherent with sling bags: they are designed to be to worn over one shoulder only. With one smooth motion, the Sling-O-Matic can be quickly switched to the opposite shoulder without losing the characteristics that have made sling bags popular among photographers.
The Sling-O-Matic series offers three unique bags to choose from, depending on the photo gear a photographer needs to carry. The Sling-O-Matic 10 can carry a pro-size DSLR and three to four lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8. The Sling-O-Matic 20 and Sling-O-Matic 30 can each carry a pro-size DSLR and four to six lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8. The Sling-O-Matic 30 also features a separate laptop compartment for carrying a 15.4” laptop.
- Industry’s first sling bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder.
- Each bag fits a DSLR with up to a 70-200 f2.8 lens with lens hood in position.
- All bags are flexible to fit most pro size DSLRs with a lens attached.
- Discreetly stylized to avoid obviously appearing like a camera bag.
- Long side pocket for carrying a tripod, large water bottle, or other accessories.
- Large handles on three sides.
- Wide zippered pockets on front, back, and side.
- Business card pocket for identification.
- Removable/adjustable straps and waist belt for additional stability.
- Small storage pocket for storing removable straps.
- Fully padded compartments for protection.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included.
“However flawed their basic design, sling bags have long been a favorite among photographers, especially those who like carrying their gear on their shoulders,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo president and lead designer. “With the Sling-O-Matic we solved one of their biggest problems, which is that carrying heavy equipment solely on one shoulder can cause pain. Within just a few seconds, photographers can quickly switch the load – and the weight – from one shoulder to the other.”
SKU: 87453000 430 8 • Part Number: 430
- ID: 8.25” W x 15.5”H x 6”D* (21 x 39 x 16.5 cm*)
- OD: 9” W x 16.5” H x 6” D (23 x 42 x 15 cm)
- MIN WEIGHT: 2.3 lbs (1.0 kg)
- MAX WEIGHT: 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg)
SKU: 87453000 434 6 • Part Number: 434
- ID: 10.25” W x 15.5” H x 6.5” D* (27.5 x 39 x 16.5 cm*)
- OD: 11” W x 16.5” H x 6” D (28 x 42 x 15 cm)
- MINIMUM WEIGHT: 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg)
- MAXIMUM WEIGHT: 3.4 lbs (1.5 kg)
SKU: 87453000 438 4 • Part Number: 438
- ID of photo gear compartment: 11.25” W x 16” H x 6.5” D (28.5 x 41 x 16.5 cm”)
- ID of laptop compartment: 11.25” W x 16” H x 1.5” D* (28.5 x 41 x 3.5 cm*)
- OD: 12” W x 17.25” H x 7.5” D (30.5 x 44 x 19 cm)
- MINIMUM WEIGHT: 2.9 lbs (1.3 kg)
- MAXIMUM WEIGHT: 4.0 lbs (1.8 kg)
# # #