I loved the way that the ad features such a wide variety of real women and shows some of my favourite pieces from the Littlewoods collection.
(PRWEB) September 8, 2010
‘Nice Boots Camp’ campaign launches on the 1St September and runs for six weeks. Created by Leo Burnett and featuring Nancy Sinatra’s, ‘These Boots Are Made for Walking,’ the advert was filmed on location at Bentley Priory, Herts using over 35 extras.
The 60” and 40” TV adverts show Coleen and her band of drill sergeants putting some new recruits through their fashion paces at the Littlewoods’ Nice Boots Camp. We see the girls being measured up for dresses, polishing high-heels in the barracks, practising how to “change arms” with handbags, taking on the assault course and learning to march in time. The ad finishes with the standard passing out parade and the girls all looking fabulously fashionable thanks to Littlewoods’ stylish products and Coleen’s style advice and guidance.
Viewers are encouraged to “Enrol in Nice Boots Camp” and are directed to the Littlewoods website where there will be competitions, music downloads and fashion advice from Coleen.
Coleen is a natural choice for the Littlewoods brand, with a well-documented passion for style: “This is my first TV ad for Littlewoods and I really enjoyed making it. I loved the way that the ad features such a wide variety of real women and shows some of my favourite pieces from the Littlewoods collection.” says Coleen.
Shop Direct Group’s Retail Director, Gareth Jones says: “We are delighted with the ‘Nice Boots’ campaign and Coleen has proved to be an inspirational style ambassador for Littlewoods. We are looking forward to continuing our collaboration in the future”
The TV campaign will be supported by Nice Boots Camp digital display banners and a press campaign.
Creative Director Jim Bolton
Director Guy Manwaring
Copywriter Jon Fox
Art director Rik Brown
Planner (creative agency) Adrian Hinds & Kit Patrick
Media agency Carat
Planner (media agency) Joe Molony
Production company Sonny
View the advert on YouTube.com: Nice Boots Camp featuring Coleen Rooney
For enquiries please call Ann Bryon/ Gill Hart/Cara Newton at Shop Direct Group, 0844 292 4799.
Notes to editors:
- Shop Direct Group is the UK’s largest home and online shopping retailer with sales of circa £1.7 billion
- The Group has 5 million active customers across the business
- Shop Direct employs around 9,000 people
- Brands include Littlewoods, VERY.co.uk, Woolworths.co.uk, Littlewoods Ireland, Littlewoods Europe, Additions, Great Universal, Choice, Kays, Empire Stores and Marshall Ward
- We are the largest full price branded men’s & women’s clothing and footwear retailer in the UK
- We are the 2nd largest online clothing retailer in the UK
- We are the 4th largest furniture retailer in the UK
- We are the 4th largest sportswear retailer in the UK
- We are the 5th largest televisions & electrical retailer in the UK
- Shop online at littlewoods.com, very.co.uk or woolworths.co.uk
- Shop Direct Group Financial Services offers customers a wide range of credit, insurance and warranty products
About Leo Burnett: leoburnett.co.uk
The Leo Burnett Group is an all-under-one-roof advertising agency that seeks to effect change – in behaviour and in the fortunes of brands – through acts of imaginative populism. Leo Burnett Group, comprising the Leo Burnett (Advertising) and brand activation partners, Arc (shopper/retail marketing), Lime (experiential) and LeoSports (sponsorship activation) provides one of the most innovative multi-platform cultures and structures found in any contemporary Creative Agency.
Leo Burnett is part of the Publicis Groupe (publicisgroupe.com), the world's third-largest marketing communications company.