Rochester, New York (PRWEB) September 10, 2010 –
Pharos Systems International today announced the launch of version 4.2 of Pharos Blueprint® Enterprise, the leading hardware-independent print management software solution for large corporate enterprises.
Blueprint Enterprise 4.2 features a redesign of the Secure Release Here® pull-printing application for even better ease of use, robustness, and performance.
- End-users can now view print jobs being held by Secure Release Here using the Blueprint Console on their workstations. They can also use the Console to delete selected jobs that are no longer required.
- With the click of a button, administrators can enable the Workstation Release mode of Secure Release Here, allowing end-users to release their secure jobs using the Blueprint Console on their workstations.
- The capacity of a Secure Release Here print server with Blueprint 4.2 is even greater than what was available with Blueprint 4.1.
- The new Event Browser troubleshooting tool allows administrators to view and search key Secure Release Here events by user or print job.
- Deployment of Secure Release Here has been simplified with the removal of requirements for a SQL database and FTP services.
Other enhancements in Blueprint 4.2 include:
- Support for Windows 7 as well as the 64-bit version of Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
- Enhancement of application-based triggers in Policy Print™, enabling printing rules to be based on the application that submitted the print job. For example, if companies want to discourage employees from printing e-mail in color from Outlook, they simply create a rule that fires when the application name matches “outlook.exe”.
About Pharos Systems International, Inc. (http://www.pharos.com)
Making every print an intelligent decision™ is the mission of Pharos Systems. Pharos provides powerful print management software and related services to large corporations, educational institutions, and libraries across the globe. Pharos solutions save customers money, reduce waste, and make it easy to secure devices and documents. The company is headquartered in Rochester, NY and maintains an R&D facility in Auckland, New Zealand.