The healthcare industry is undergoing a digital transformation that is driving rapid change in the behavior of consumers, providers and insurers
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 13, 2010
Healthline Networks, a leading provider of intelligent health information services, today announced it will hold the first HealthWeb Leadership Forum in New York City on October 13, keynoted by Dr. Richard Carmona, 17th Surgeon General of the United States, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Emmy Award-winning host of the Dr. Oz Show, and other consumer healthcare industry leaders. The invitation-only event will showcase ideas and new strategies around empowering consumers to take control of their personal healthcare outcomes through emerging digital platforms.
The HealthWeb Leadership Forum will gather decision-makers from all facets of the healthcare industry, including pharmaceutical marketers, health providers, health insurers, government, web publishers and technology innovators. In addition to the keynote presentations, the event will feature an interactive panel discussion showcasing the latest strategies to drive consumer engagement around healthcare.
“The healthcare industry is undergoing a digital transformation that is driving rapid change in the behavior of consumers, providers and insurers,” said West Shell III, Chairman and CEO of Healthline Networks. “People are increasingly taking control of their health and well being, by turning to the Web for education and empowerment. The HealthWeb Leadership Forum will enable industry leaders to share strategies, talk freely about the real issues at work and take away ideas that can immediately impact how we develop the tools to improve consumer engagement and overall health literacy."
Confirmed speakers at the HealthWeb Leadership Forum include:
- Sean Burke - Chief Marketing Officer, GE HealthCare
- Vice Admiral Richard Carmona - M.D., M.P.H., FACS, 17th Surgeon General of the United States (2002-2006), Distinguished Professor at the University of Arizona, Vice Chairman of Canyon Ranch and President of Canyon Ranch Institute
- John de Souza - President & CEO, MedHelp
- Michael du Toit – Executive Vice President, Marketing & Client Service, Digitas Health
- Matthew Holt - Founder and Publisher, Health 2.0 and The Health Care Blog
- Dr. Mehmet Oz - Emmy-Award winning host of the Dr. Oz Show; Vice Chair and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University and Director of Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Paul T. Sheils - President & CEO DocSite, LLC
- West Shell III – Chairman & CEO, Healthline Networks, Inc.
- Dr. Charlotte S. Yeh - Chief Medical Officer, AARP
The HealthWeb Leadership Forum will be held at Studio 450 in New York City. For more information, visit http://www.healthwebforum.com/.
Healthline Networks is a leading provider of intelligent health information services, enabling 100 million consumers a month to make more confident, informed healthcare decisions. The company's proprietary consumer healthcare taxonomy, the largest of its kind, powers a suite of intelligent health search, content and advertising services. Combining advanced search technology with deep medical expertise, Healthline partners with a network of over 40 trusted destination sites that include publishers, portals, search engines, employers and health plans. Headquartered in San Francisco, Healthline is backed by Aetna, GE/NBC Peacock Fund, Investor Growth Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Reed Elsevier, U.S. News & World Report, and VantagePoint Venture Partners. For more information visit http://www.healthline.com.