I wanted to tell you that I really, really enjoyed your class. The fact that you are so willing to share your tips, style principles, etc. demonstrates a level of confidence that I wish other designers had. -- past camper A.M.
Little Rock, AR (PRWEB) September 14, 2010
Award-winning Interior Designer Tobi Fairley offered her first ever Design Camp this summer. The one-month course sold out almost immediately, and was a hit with all participants. So she’s decided to offer two more course options this fall.
September 18’s One-Day Design Camp will condense the four-week summer course into 8 hours. The items covered in this intensive workshop day will not only help students learn the basics of design principles, but also help them begin to create their own design projects. They’ll get to do hands-on activities and learn in the workshop environment of Tobi’s studio and art gallery. The course will include:
- Design 101 – the basics of furniture placement, paints, finishes and more
- Finding Your Inspiration – how to research design blogs, books and magazines and create an inspiration board
- Accessorizing With Style – all about fabrics, soft furnishings and those important finishing touches
- Getting Bang For Your Buck – learn how to decorate without breaking the bank
The Six-Week Design Camp goes beyond the introductory material and delves deeply into some serious design tips. Courses will include:
- Design 101 -- the basic principles for creating great design
- Advanced Design Tips -- taking your design project to the next level
- Inspiration to Reality -- how to sketch, draw and get your creative ideas on paper
- Going Green -- how to incorporate vintage, antique and eco-friendly finds to create gorgeous décor that’s kind to the earth
- Art Smart -- collecting, framing and hanging art to compliment your interiors
- Holiday Entertaining With Style -- from tabletops to gift wrap, all the details to create truly inspired holiday decor
All camps are held at the Tobi Fairley Art Gallery in Little Rock, Arkansas. Accommodation information for out-of-town guests is provided. The one-day camp is Saturday, September 18, from 9 AM to 5 PM. Lunch will be provided. The cost is $500.
The six-week camp begins Tuesday, October 12, and continues on October 19 and 26 and November 2, 9 and 16. Classes are from 6 to 8:30 PM. A light meal is provided each evening. The entire six-week session is only $750.
Those interested should email info(at)tobifairley(dot)com, or call 501-868-9882 to register. Class size is very limited.