The importance of using emerging information technology as a foundational building-block for our design firm cannot be overstated
Hoboken, NJ (Vocus) September 13, 2010
Couched in a philosophy that innovative design demands innovative technology, Campion Platt, New York City, entered Microsoft’s current small business makeover contest when invited by its long time IT support consultant, eMazzanti Technologies, serving Hoboken, NJ and NYC areas. The contest encourages worldwide small businesses, focused on enhancing workflow to tell their story about how emerging information technology, like Microsoft Windows 7, could help businesses prosper.
“The importance of using emerging information technology as a foundational building-block for our design firm cannot be overstated,” noted Campion Platt, owner, Campion Platt. “It’s one time when function—IT functionality—trumps form.”
The Acqua Contest
The format of the Microsoft Acqua Contest is a skill-based submission. The objective is to emphasize the business benefits of upgrading to Windows 7 Professional via an essay that describes how an applicant would makeover its small business increasing productivity, cost efficiency, or creating a competitive advantage. All eligible entries received will be judged using the same specific criteria to determine the winners of the prizes.
Entrants were also encouraged to create videos of their essays as an additional way to underscore how a technology makeover centered on Microsoft Windows 7 operating system makes a difference in their businesses. Owner, Campion Platt is featured in a short video found on the Acqua Contest page: http://www.igniteyoursmallbusiness.com/contests/acqua/.
How Campion Envisions Windows 7 Benefits
As part of the Campion’s contest essay, Campion described eight ways Windows 7 could immediately benefit its business in terms of increasing productivity, efficiency and competitive advantage:
(1) Power Management-Road warrior laptops last longer with power-saving features. Scenario: Campion Platt (president) travels throughout the east coast and Europe on business. Windows 7 provides longer work-times (more productivity) for executives.
(2) Mobility Center-Part of mobile workforce technology capabilities, users get a single location to control presentation settings. Scenario: Campion normally uses PowerPoint presentations for clients. Easier set up is always welcomed.
(3) Network Connection Wizard-ease of connecting computers to a network. Scenario: mobile execs need to find and connect with coffee shop, airport or branch office networks more easily to answer design drawing specifications while on the road.
(4) Ready-Boost-flash drive acts as temporary memory to improve handling of RAM-sensitive documents. Scenario: Opening and viewing large design drawings and graphic files is now faster.
(5) Federated Search/Instant Search Suggestions-Deeper network and faster Internet searches. Scenario: Deeper searches across the entire network help designers find all relevant files and communications more easily. Internet product and design material research is sped up with Instant Search Suggestions.
(6) Aero-Snap, Shake and Peek features speed up Campion projects. Scenario: In a high-end design firm where attention to detail is paramount, these features in Windows 7 pay attention to details that speed up productivity, focusing on the design process rather than the computer process.
(7) Location Aware Printing-faster printer connections as computers move from network to network. Scenario: As executives move across the country and through various offices and locations, having the ability to quickly resolve printer connection issues translates into productivity. Aware Printing solves that problem instantly.
(8) Taskbar-Jump lists and task bar pinning allows quicker access to documents for staff and volunteers. Scenario: Staff and management have the ability to pin applications and documents for current design projects within easy reach on the taskbar.
About eMazzanti Technologies
With a company name that sounds more like a purebred, high-performance sports car than a IT support and consulting firm, eMazzanti Technologies is all about delivering powerful solutions such as computer network management, network troubleshooting, business continuity and disaster recovery, green computing, mobile workforce technology, information security and business information optimization in the most efficient manner possible. The Hoboken, N.J., firm is located in one of the most densely populated - and competitive - regions in the U.S. It provides business technology consulting services for companies ranging from home offices to multinational corporations throughout the New York metropolitan area and in three countries. For more information contact: Carl Mazzanti 201-360-4400 or emazzanti.net.
About Campion Platt
Located in New York City on Madison Avenue, Campion Platt is a full-service architectural design firm that takes an eco approach to its inventive array of projects, with a desire to create exceptionally LUXE environments. Its innovative architecture, interior design and products firm specializes in hi-end residential, hospitality and home product design. The seamless synergy of craftsmanship and design is reflected in our creations that combine hi-end luxury with technology, handmade objects and custom furniture & fixtures.
Whether designing a custom residence, a home-away- from-home boutique hotel, or a line of furniture or textiles, interior designer Campion Platt has one thing in mind: luxury. Its holistic approach creates highly personalized spaces – making the firm a favorite of celebrities including Al Pacino, Meg Ryan, Roger Waters, Conan O’Brien, Jay McInerney and socialite Anne Hearst. Campion’s unique brand of innovative design also extends to the technology it chooses to support its own business. With the migration to the Vista operating system some two years ago, the firm is now interested in pressing the latest technology found in Windows 7 to its advantage much as Campion does in the world of custom, luxury-centered design solutions for some of the world’s most discriminating clients. For more information call 212.779.3835, visit campionplatt.com or email info(at)campionplatt(dot)com.