Chicago, IL (PRWEB) September 15, 2010
The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) will offer the WOM-COMM Online Certificate Program October 5-21. WOM-COMM is an online course focused on providing best practices in ethical and effective word-of-mouth and social media marketing. The course provides an overall framework for both offline and online word-of-mouth.
The disciplines of word-of-mouth and social media are ever-evolving, and WOM-COMM teaches participants the skills they need to effectively and ethically integrate these practices into their marketing campaigns. WOM-COMM is taught by some of the industry’s best thought leaders, and participants who complete the program requirements receive a certificate of completion.
To hear more about the WOM-COMM program from the instructors themselves, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycBdKm2VN5Y.
The three-week, six-segment program will be conducted via webinar every Tuesday, beginning October 5, for one hour.
- October 5- Defining WOM and How it Fits into an Integrated Marketing Campaign
- October 7- Requirements for Successful Social Media Tools & What's Right, What's Wrong
- October 12- WOM Strategy Development
- October 14- WOM Research and Measurement
- October 19- Word-Of-Mouth & Ethics
- October 21- Learning and Change Management
“WOM-COMM provides the necessary skill sets for individuals looking to maximizing word-of-mouth and social media tools as part of an overall integrated marketing campaign,” said Kristen Smith, Executive Director of WOMMA.
Upon completion of WOM-COMM, participants will:
- Understand how to integrate marketing strategy with social media tactics across business segments
- Develop their own thought leadership in the industry’s best examples and next practices
- Learn about research and measurement tools needed to track ROI
- Be prepared to make ethical and sound decisions before executing their next social campaign
Fees for WOM-COMM are: WOMMA Member: $395; nonmembers: $495; The Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business (SOCAP) Members: $395. Team rates are available. Individuals interested in learning more about WOM-COMM’s certificate program are encouraged to visit http://womma.org/certificate/.
WOMMA, http://womma.org, is the leading trade association in the marketing and advertising industries that focuses on word of mouth, consumer-generated and social media platforms -- or marketing techniques that include buzz, viral, community, and influencer marketing, as well as brand blogging. The organization is committed to developing and maintaining appropriate ethical standards for marketers and advertisers engaging in such marketing practices, identifying meaningful measurement standards for such marketing practices, and defining “best practices” for the industry.
Founded in 2005, WOMMA members include marketers and brands that use word-of-mouth marketing to reinforce their core customers and to reach out to new consumers, agencies that deliver word-of-mouth services and technologies, researchers that track the word-of-mouth experience and offline and online practitioners.