This year, Avante Garde hits mainstream, and as a result, 2010 costumes are expected to be completely over the top.
Rockaway, NJ (PRWEB) September 20, 2010
The Halloween season brings mayhem and mischief as Party City stocks its shelves with edgy new costumes in response to shifting consumer tastes.
"This year, Avante Garde hits mainstream, and as a result, 2010 costumes are expected to be completely over the top," says Melissa Sprich, top costume merchandiser for Party City. "The fashion world right now is about fusing high-fashion looks with pieces that are completely individualized, and Party City's collection of Halloween costumes allows customers to do just that."
Melissa adds, "More than ever, the latest runway shows and fashion-forward individuals mega influence costume trends, and as always the year's hit blockbusters and outlandish pop figures strongly influence costume trends as people love taking on a completely different persona for Halloween."
Specifically, Party City has witnessed a spike in demand for costumes reflecting Lady Gaga's outrageous and provocative style, and her unique fashion statements are sure to be seen at many 2010 Halloween events.
TOP 2010 HALLOWEEN COSTUME TRENDS
- Lady Gaga Costumes: The hugely popular recording artist and activist is also a fashion trend-setter. Lady Gaga's VMA performance costume and her black and silver sequin dress are just two of the Lady Gaga costumes creating a buzz on social sites like Twitter and Facebook.
- Modern-day Vampire Costumes: Inspired by the Twilight saga and True Blood series, today's vampire differs from its menacing Victorian ancestor. Still wan and fanged, the modern vampire has a mysterious, sensual, and sometimes sensitive appeal. With this in mind, Party City debuts its sexy Moonlight Bite vampire costume, which sparkles with electric lights in its ruffled black skirt.
- 1980s Comeback Costumes: Eighties style is back with a vengeance, so expect this year's Halloween ensembles to feature plenty of the big hair, leggings, bright neon colors, lace gloves, and acid-wash denim iconic of the Michael Jackson and Material Girl era.
- Jersey Shore Cast Member Costumes: Expect to see costumes that amplify the distinctive looks and outlandish personalities of MTV's popular reality show. Party City features all the accessories needed to pull off a signature Jersey Shore look, including Snooki's leopard mini-dress dress, bumpit wig, and orange-tinted bronzer, Pauly D's infamous perfectly gelled wig, and a "Situation" muscle-tee for Michael.
- Roman and Greek Goddess Costumes: Long, flowing, feminine Greek robes and gladiator-inspired sandals so popular in 2010 translate into beautifully fashionable Halloween costumes. Party City carries a variety of classic Egyptian, Roman, and Greek costumes that seem to float and create an air of celestial vision.
- Movie-inspired Costumes: Hollywood is always a rich source of inspiration for Halloween costumes. Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3, Avatar, and Alice and Wonderland costumes are sure to populate this year's Halloween parties, but Star Wars Darth Vader remains the perennial favorite.
As the major Halloween retailer in the US, Party City provides the costumes, accessories, supplies, and inspiration that allow customers to embrace a character from head to toe and transform into something completely extraordinary.
ABOUT PARTY CITY
Party City Corporation is America's largest party goods chain and Halloween retailer. Party City operates more than 600 stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. As a part of the Amscan Holdings, Inc., Party City is among the more than 900 specialty party stores that AHI either owns, operates, or franchises. To learn more about Party City, please call 1-800-477-4841 or visit the company's website at http://www.partycity.com.