San Antonio, TX (PRWEB) September 24, 2010
Veteran San Antonio cosmetic dentist Edward Camacho, DDS, is pleased to announce the launch of his new practice in North Central San Antonio, designed as a showcase of cutting-edge dental technology, modern furnishings, and a commitment to operating a “green” business.
Cosmetic Dentistry of San Antonio is located at 16535 Huebner (at Bitters), in the Valencia Village Shopping Center. It features six treatment rooms, each equipped with a television and state-of-the-art dental chairs designed for maximum patient comfort.
The luxurious feel of the facility begins at the reception area, which has the ambiance of a boutique hotel – where guests are treated to gourmet, fair-trade coffee. They are then ushered into treatment rooms, set along an inviting hallway with vaulted ceilings and chandeliers.
But Cosmetic Dentistry of San Antonio offers more than elegant settings. Its modern technologies, procedures and equipment - which set it far ahead of other practices - include:
- The Isolite™ System – A soft and flexible high-tech mouthpiece that shields the patient’s tongue and cheek during treatment, provides suction to eliminate excess saliva, and gives the dentist good lighting.
- Laser Assisted Cavity Detection - Lets the dentist discover the presence and severity of cavities through the emission of special light
- Digital X-Rays in every treatment room – No harmful chemicals, and up to a 90% reduction in radiation
- Intra-Oral Cameras – Allows accurate mapping of the entire mouth with greater detail and accuracy, and allows the patient to see what the dentist sees.
- Digital Smile Makeovers – Software that lets the patient see how a cosmetic dental treatment will make them look.
- Velscope – A special light that shows invisible changes in tissue, providing a sensitive early warning of oral cancer.
- Dental Vibe – A vibrating device that greatly reduces the pain and discomfort of dental injections.
- Custom restorations and chair-side shading
- Works with a San Antonio dental lab that is one of the top four facilities in the country.
About Dr. Edward Camacho, DDS
Dr. Camacho, who brings 30 years of experience to the new practice, is a native San Antonian and an alumnus of Central Catholic High School. He earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas, and his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Dr. Camacho has extended training in cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics, computerized dentistry, endodontics, and laser dentistry. He has been helping patients achieve beautiful smiles through full mouth reconstruction, veneers and Invisalign braces for over 30 years. His meticulous attention to detail, a keen aesthetic eye and his experience are what makes him one of San Antonio’s most sought-after premier cosmetic dentists.
For Dr. Camacho, there is a special fulfillment in seeing the joy and self-esteem that come from a patient’s transformation by cosmetic dentistry:
“The thing I find most rewarding about doing cosmetic dentistry is the change that occurs in people when they can be themselves and not be self-conscious about their smiles,” Dr. Camacho said. “I had a young 11-year-old boy who was not able to look at me because he was so embarrassed about his crooked teeth. I completed braces on him and on the day that I took them off a completely different person emerged. He was happy, smiling and so proud of his smile. He could now look at who was talking to him and actually ‘join in life’ that was occurring around him. I felt so good inside to have created such an impact on this person’s life. I know that it changed very much for the better. He wrote to me some years later and had determined to take up a career in dentistry!”
He added: “It is so common for me to observe ‘tears of joy’ that people have when they get to see their new smile. I know that I am not just improving the shape and color of some teeth. I am improving the quality of life of my patients and they are so appreciative of this that I look at my career not as a job but an opportunity to make a meaningful difference. I really love what I do.”
Cosmetic Dentistry of San Antonio
16535 Huebner (at Bitters) Suite 102
Valencia Village Shopping Center
San Antonio, Texas 78248