London, England (PRWEB) September 25, 2010
Hays Social Housing, the leading recruiting expert, is working in partnership with AmicusHorizon, one of the largest housing associations in the South East region on a job seeking skills programme.
The three-month programme, which was set up because residents said they needed support in gaining employment, has already secured jobs or training for several tenants and has improved the employability of many others.
The programme started in June with introductory seminars and a series of one-on-one career coaching sessions. Each participant also attended five Hays (http://www.hays.co.uk/ ) workshops, which taught them how to write a successful CV and best practice interview tips. Residents were also given access to a ground breaking on-line career programme which was developed by Hays specifically for AmicusHorizon.
Helen Kirk-Brown, Regional Manager at Hays Social Housing, commented: "This partnership is a fantastic way of supporting residents into employment and is essential in such a tough economic climate. To date the participants have completed placements within local businesses and are now working with us to establish personalised long-term career plans. Whilst the project isn't yet complete, we have already achieved outstanding results as several residents have already secured employment or training opportunities."
Alma Haq, Resident Involvement Manager at AmicusHorizon, added: "This is the first time we have run a scheme like this and I am extremely pleased at how it is progressing. We are delighted with the commitment the participants have shown. Local businesses have also been very supportive towards the programme. Hays is working hard to ensure residents are equipped to find employment for the long term and it's great for our residents to know that help is at hand."
Hays Social Housing is part of Hays plc (the "Group") the leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
As at 30 June 2010, the Group employed 6,845 staff operating from 270 offices in 28 countries across 17 specialisms including teaching assistant jobs (http://www.hays.co.uk/education/teachingassistants/ ), construction jobs (http://www.hays.co.uk/construction/ ), interior design jobs and engineering jobs (http://www.hays.co.uk/engineering/ ).
For the year ended 30 June 2010:
- the Group reported net fees of £557.7 million and operating profit of £80.5 million;
- the Group placed around 50,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 180,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 26% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 30% in Continental Europe & RoW and 44% in the United Kingdom & Ireland
- the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE and the United Kingdom.
For further press information please contact:
130 Wilton Road
020 7259 8821
# # #