Grover Beach, CA (PRWEB) September 25, 2010
Taps At Sea provides Burial at Sea Memorial Services on the beautiful California Central Coast for veteran, secular and religious ceremonies with ash scatterings by airplane or boat.
Taps At Sea ensures that memorial services and ash scatterings are always tailored to the family's wishes:
Ash Scatterings by airplane or boat. Scattering must be at least 500 yards from shore
- By Classic Biplane. The airplane's two passenger seating can accommodate family representatives
- By boat. The boats range from a 32 foot catamaran to a 72 foot luxury yacht with gourmet brunch, or a boat of your choice with proper DMV registration verification
Pet Burial at Sea. Scattering must be at least 500 yards from shore
- Unattended ash scattering only, certificate with picture of pet mailed showing date and location of scattering
Memorial Services on land, pier or boat:
- On one of five piers on the central coast. It is not legal to scatter ashes from a pier; scattering will be by airplane or boat. Flowers or a biodegradable wreath may be tossed from the pier
- On a beach, dune, mountain, cliff, or in a gazebo overlooking the ocean
- Taps only
- Full military honors by a Veteran Service Organization (VSO) or the California Funeral Honors Program
- Clergy or chaplain officiates. Navy Chaplain available. Clergy of your choice.
- Shofar Blasts, hymn, and/or Taps
- Commitment prayer based on religious faith
Sunset Taps at Sea
An intimate farewell ceremony at sunset. Airplane scatters ashes and flies over memorial site, memorial service continues until sunset when Taps is sounded, followed by a Remember and Reflect event
- Catered bonfire on the beach
- Memorial service in spectacular cliff-top gazebo and dinner at a first class restaurant watching darkness fall over the ocean
Costs are $250 for an unattended ash scattering and range from $500 to $2,000 for an ash scattering plus a memorial service. The costs will depend on mode of scattering, vessel selected, catering options, site usage fees, professional and musician fees, etc. An itemized quote of costs will be submitted and approved by the family before any service is performed. As a comparison, the traditional funeral and cemetery burial average total cost exceeds $10,000. Pet unattended ash scattering - $100
Memorial Healing Vacation
Spend several days in a hotel overlooking the ocean and the site of memorial service. You can feel the rhythm of the ocean, watch the sea birds and sea life, and remember and reflect. Often the total cost of travel to the Central Coast, hotel, scattering and memorial services is much less than the total costs of a traditional funeral. Contact Taps At Sea to discuss participating hotels and options.
Central Coast Weather
The Central Coast enjoys a cool Mediterranean climate. The daily weather on the Central Coast is local and unpredictable; ash scatterings and/or memorial services may be postponed at the last minute and resume when weather permits. Safety comes first, always.
Gary Canant, founder of Taps at Sea, adds, "Recently, after I played Taps for a veteran, I saw his ashes taken away to the cemetery office because his widow could not pay for the cemetery plot. That is when I decided to offer memorial services that preserve dignity at an affordable price."