ExtenXLS brings developers super-secure encryption levels, popular features such as cell comments, auto filters, and thumbnail generation, as well as a full slate of optimizations, bug fixes and enhancements that push the envelope of spreadsheets.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 28, 2010
Extentech Inc., today announced the release of ExtenXLS 9, the latest version of the company's leading Java spreadsheet SDK.
ExtenXLS 9 is the latest version of the fastest and most reliable commercial toolkit for adding spreadsheet functionality to Java applications. ExtenXLS now supports secure spreadsheets encrypted with up to 256-bit security. Workbooks can be encrypted and decrypted with a password. Using this feature, developers can provide a high level of security over data and business logic contained in spreadsheets. ExtenXLS can import data directly from CSV and XML, and can export spreadsheets to a variety of formats including XML, CSV, and PDF.
"Our latest version of ExtenXLS brings developers super-secure encryption levels, popular features such as cell comments, auto filters, and thumbnail generation, as well as a full slate of optimizations, bug fixes and enhancements that push the envelope of what can be done with spreadsheets. Our customers have asked for encryption, better all-around performance, and revamped Swing UI components -- and with ExtenXLS 9 we have focused on value and delivered all of this and much more," says John McMahon, Extentech's CEO.
New features in ExtenXLS 9 include:
- Support for encrypting and decrypting XLS and XLSX workbooks with up to 256 bit encryption
- Create, edit, and delete cell comments (CommentHandle)
- Create, edit, delete and execute Auto Filters (AutoFilterHandle)
- Major formula execution CPU and memory performance improvements
- Complete overhaul of Swing UI performance and functionality
- Printer Settings Handle fixes and additional Excel printing support
- Ability to reset the password used for sheet protection
- Generate spreadsheet thumbnail Images with WorkBookHandle.getImage() method
- Over a dozen new Formula functions supported
- Seamless integration with Sheetster, the open source Java web spreadsheet server
Enterprises and developers depend upon correct and robust handling of vital spreadsheet data and applications. For nearly 10-years, hundreds of companies worldwide have depended on ExtenXLS for their critical spreadsheet development needs. Because responsive vendor support is a crucial component of project success, each ExtenXLS license includes a full year of unlimited support and all upgrades.
To download a free 30-day trial: http://extentech.com/estore/download_center.jsp