“Those improvements completely revamp the potential of BaseKit, allowing users to benefit from greater flexibility and greater control over their site creation.” said Juan Lobato, CEO of BaseKit.
(PRWEB) September 29, 2010
BaseKit, the fast and easy way to create websites without coding, is launching today a new version of its platform, focusing on making BaseKit experience faster and more enjoyable through the introduction of greater styling control, an enhanced theme selector and technology integration enabling BaseKit users to embed customizable widgets to any BaseKit site.
BaseKit has been designed to make it easy for designers, business owners, hobbyists and students to create great sites quickly. “Those improvements completely revamp the potential of BaseKit, allowing users to benefit from greater flexibility and greater control over their site creation.” said Juan Lobato, CEO of BaseKit.
Specific updates to the BaseKit platform include:
- Embed widget - enrich your site with the integration of any custom designed scripts, 3rd party widgets, eCommerce platforms and more.
- Zone and Widget styling - change the whole look of a site by changing the background effects on any widget or any zone within BaseKit.
- CSS3 and HTML5 - explore the capabilities of the latest technology, such as CSS3 gradient features, by creating shadows, rotations, skews and more without touching the code.
- Theme Selector - enjoy greater visibility over our 60+ themes, including full-size previews.
- Text Widget Fonts & Sizes - do more in less time by adjusting the font face and size in a text widget directly on the main settings panel within just 2 clicks.
- Locking Sliders - automatically keep proportions between font size, line height, and borders when editing your styles.
BaseKit is continuously making improvements to its user experience and functionality based on the feedback and needs of the BaseKit userbase. If you’re interested in receiving early notifications of upcoming development and testing out new features, you can take part of the beta program and sign up at http://www.basekit.com/betaprogram
BaseKit was originally set-up by web design entrepreneurs Simon Best, Richard Best and Richard Healy in 2008 after realising that the technical design of websites could be improved if processes were streamlined. By reducing iterative development tasks through a common, fully hosted framework, BaseKit is able to create websites faster and make them easier to manage. The company raised an initial round of seed funding in April 2009.
BaseKit is a smart and fast way to create websites from Photoshop designs or design templates without having to code. With BaseKit, you can build sites and publish straight in your browser. There is no need to download or install. The company is based in London and was founded in 2008. BaseKit is backed by Eden Ventures, NESTA and Seedcamp. For more information, please visit http://www.basekit.com.
# # #