New York, NY (PRWEB) September 29, 2010
InteractiveTV Today, [itvt], the most widely read and trusted news source on interactive TV, today announced that it is bringing its TV of Tomorrow Show (TVOT) event series, now in its fifth year, to New York City. TVOT NYC Intensive, sponsored by Canoe Ventures, a joint interactive TV venture launched by the country’s top cable companies, amongst others will provide attendees with an open venue to discuss the arrival of a national interactive TV platform in the US and what this means for broadcasters, operators, advertisers, agencies and other stakeholders. The event will take place at the Museum of Arts and Design at 2 Columbus Circle on November 18, 2010.
The agenda for TVOT NYC Intensive will center on the new national interactive TV platform-- primarily on the Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format (EBIF )-based national cable interactive TV (ITV) platform, but also on that platform's relationship with the major US Satellite and IPTV platforms, and with the emerging Connected and Hybrid TV spaces. The aim is to encourage dialog between the industry leaders involved in establishing this new platform and to help shape the development and enhancement of ITV in the US. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with experts in the field such as high-ranking executives from top MSOs, broadcasters and global advertising agencies as they share ideas about the future of the industry and discuss ways to reshape the economics and ecosystem of TV. Not your typical tradeshow or conference, the event is designed to give attendees a voice in shaping the US cable industry's interactive TV vision.
“TV and commerce are at an exciting crossroads. This forum will give leaders in our industry the opportunity to discuss and further shape our shared ITV vision,” said Kathy Timko, COO of Canoe Ventures. “Canoe is eager to support [itvt], a trusted industry resource, to bring us all together for an open dialog about the potential of our new advanced TV platform.”
The premier NY event will encompass three tracks designed to ensure focused, intelligent and interactive discussions throughout the day. These tracks are:
- Debate and Discussion – Standalone sessions, panel discussions and one-on-one interviews. A range of topics will be covered including social media and the ITV platform, how ITV commerce can reshape TV economics, how to make interactive advertising easier to buy for agencies, and more.
- Show and Tell –A forum where, among other things, broadcasters will take the stage to discuss their ITV strategies; technology providers will demonstrate new services and products; and agencies, advertisers and other experts will present real-world case studies on interactive TV advertising, measurement, data generation, targeting and other relevant topics.
- Roundtable – Intimate, informal discussions between thought leaders, including Canoe Ventures, aimed at exploring, debating and re-shaping the ITV ecosystem as the industry prepares for the arrival of the new national TV platform. Subject-matter experts will share their real-life experiences and “lessons learned” as well as lead workshops to educate attendees on critical platforms, technologies and services.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to visit booths where leading vendors will demonstrate their latest technologies. In addition, the event will feature a small, interactive TV-related art exhibit.
“For the past five years, TVOT has expanded tremendously. Our attendees, who return each year, bring with them new colleagues seeking greater understanding of the latest enabling technologies, content and interface advancements, and new business philosophies and models,” said Tracy Swedlow, founder of [itvt]. “Bringing this event to the East Coast so that stakeholders can come together to influence the development of the national interactive TV platform is an exciting opportunity. We’re honored to have Canoe Ventures as a sponsor for this event as we take TVOT to the next level.”
Here is what some attendees have said about previous TVOT events:
- "It was great and thank you for letting me be part of it." - Patrick Donoghue, SVP of Strategic Product Development, Cablevision
- “[I] wanted to take a moment to thank you for *another* terrific conference…the speakers, the warm-setting…most of all, the great, impromptu conversations that happen in-between sessions and in the coffee-runs bumping into folks you've been speaking with, but get to chat with on a whole other, more leisurely level." – Stephanie Gaines, VP of Planning, CBS
- "Belated thanks for organizing a fantastic conference. Having been to many of these things, yours is one of the best because of the high quality of attendees and discussion. Plus you know everyone and are so sincere; it was really enjoyable on all levels. Thank you so much for including me." -- Lisa Hsia, SVP of New Media and Special Projects, Bravo Media
- “[You] once again created a truly special and differentiated show, with quality and original panels, and a great group of mover and shaker attendees. We were delighted with the quality of conversations we had. Equally, the papers were of a high standard, as were the speakers. Tracy, Richard and their team are to be commended for creating a differentiated event that was both productive, and yet unusually enjoyable." - Sam Pemberton, CEO, The Softel Group
To register for this event, click here - http://tvotnyc.eventbrite.com.
Follow TVOT NYC Intensive on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/tvot_nyc
Read more about TVOT NYC Intensive on the site: http://www.thetvoftomorrowshow.com or on
Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119695978080079.
About Interactive TV Today:
Founded in 1998 by Tracy Swedlow and co-owned by Richard Washbourne, Interactive TV Today [itvt] is the most widely read and trusted news source on the rapidly emerging medium of multiplatform, broadband interactive television (ITV). We provide concise, original coverage of industry developments, technologies, content projects, and the people building the business to our readership, which is made up of hundreds of thousands of executives from around the world.
For further sponsorship information or speaking opportunities, please contact:
CEO, Editor-in-Chief and Executive Producer of TVOT
415 824 5806
For media relations inquiries, please contact:
Breakaway Communications for TVOT NYC
212 616 6003
# # #