We’ve received great feedback from our customers in beta and we’re anticipating continued success throughout the holiday season and beyond.
Research Triangle Park, NC (Vocus) September 28, 2010
ChannelAdvisor, a solution provider that enables online retailers to improve efficiency and increase revenue, introduced today its new checkout for Premium Marketplaces customers. Available for retailers to launch before the holiday season, ChannelAdvisor’s new checkout presents to retailers a streamlined interface; shipping, payment and promotion enhancements; and improved branding and trust.
“Above all else, we’re committed to helping our retailers have a great fourth quarter,” said ChannelAdvisor CEO Scot Wingo. “Our dedicated team has created a checkout experience that is focused on usability and moving buyers through the checkout process efficiently—a benefit to both shoppers and retailers.”
Key updates of the new checkout include the following:
Increased Usability and Interface Focus
- Eliminates visual clutter and presents customizable information to the shopper at checkout
- Consistently and clearly informs the buyer of the cart total, shipping information and promotions throughout the checkout process
- Supports all major shipping providers including FedEx, UPS and USPS
- Improves customer support, deliverable shipments and customer satisfaction with fully customizable shipping options. If a buyer enters a P.O. Box, the enhanced program will filter and tailor shipment options to the buyer’s address
Expanded Payment Options
- Supports multi-nexus taxation, multiple payment gateways and VAT calculations (inclusive and exclusive)
- Presents payment policy and icons of acceptable payment methods and dynamically customizes payment information to the buyer
- Allows buyers to enter or select an available codeless promotion throughout the checkout process
- Clarifies the differences between eBay-specific promotions and ChannelAdvisor-based promotions
Improved Branding and Trust
- Creates a deeper level of trust and acclaim with eBay branding, a modern interface and a matching style guide
“It only took me three minutes to switch over to the new ChannelAdvisor checkout, which was well worth it considering the amount of functionality I’ve just gained,” said Chris Dimelow, owner of BetaMacs.com. “Generally a smoother, easier checkout means less cart abandonment and less customer frustration. Implementing ChannelAdvisor’s new checkout gives me the peace of mind to know that the customer experience is improved, and I’m free to focus on having a successful fourth quarter.”
“Our new checkout was put to the test when a customer launched an eBay Daily Deal, and the checkout handled nearly 1,600 transactions with ease,” continued Wingo. “We’ve received great feedback from our customers in beta and we’re anticipating continued success throughout the holiday season and beyond.”
ChannelAdvisor continually strives to update its products and services to make it easier and more efficient for customers to sell more. This update is currently applicable only to ChannelAdvisor’s eBay checkout, but the technological advancements will be continuously rolled out throughout the platform.
To see an instructional video depicting how quickly ChannelAdvisor customers can launch the new checkout, click here, or for more information visit the ChannelAdvisor Strategy and Support Center here.
ChannelAdvisor is a software provider that helps retailers worldwide sell more online through channels such as marketplaces, paid search and comparison shopping, and with webstores and rich media solutions. Widely respected as the essential partner in e-commerce, ChannelAdvisor is the only company that calms the chaos of online selling by enabling retailers to submit one inventory feed to the ChannelAdvisor platform where it is translated to fit the specifications of e-commerce channels and distributed accordingly. The robust reporting capabilities of the ChannelAdvisor platform allow retailers to track their progress across e-commerce channels to make immediately actionable, performance-based decisions. For retailers of all levels of expertise, ChannelAdvisor’s industry-certified services team offers expert advice and custom service packages. In 2009, ChannelAdvisor managed $2.6 billion in gross merchandise value (GMV) on behalf of retailers of all sizes including Saks, Dell, Brookstone, GSI Commerce and 127 of the Internet Retailer Top 500 online retailers. ChannelAdvisor is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, with offices in Atlanta, New York, Seattle, Australia, Ireland, Germany and the United Kingdom. For further information, visit http://www.channeladvisor.com.