San Diego (PRWEB) September 30, 2010
Optelec U.S. Inc., a world leader in innovative and life-changing assistive technologies for the blind and visually impaired, is introducing its latest low vision and blindness solution, the portable Optelec ClearReader+, an intuitive reading system that allows a visually impaired user to read any kind of printed material within a matter of seconds by a simple press of a button.
To read any printed text by dictation, the Optelec ClearReader+ device integrates ease-of-use with a high-quality, multilingual voice output and fast optical character recognition (OCR) and text-to-speech recognition technology, all within a sleek and retro design. With only five controls, the Optelec ClearReader+ is one of the most intuitive and user-friendly text-to-speech devices available for those with low vision and other retinal eye diseases, such as age-related macular degeneration.
Access to printed documents such as magazines, newspapers, books or a letter from a friend has never been so easy. Portable and battery powered, the Optelec ClearReader+ assistive technology device can be used in the home, at school or work, making it ideal for reading a recipe in the kitchen, reading a book in at home, or reviewing bills.
To operate, simply power on the unit, release the camera arm and place the reading material under the high-resolution camera. Press the scan button to take a snap shot of the text, and in seconds the Optelec ClearReader+ will read the desired text in high quality speech.
Additionally, the Optelec ClearReader+ is easily customized to read text at different speeds, in up to twelve different languages and twenty-three different voices.
- Camera: High-resolution camera with state-of-the-art wide angle optics and integrated object lighting.
- Text recognition: High-quality, multilingual text recognition for the user to click and read in a few seconds.
- Languages: Four languages installed with 12 languages supported, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish and Dutch.
- Voices: Support for 23 voices and choice between male, female or different dialects and regional accents.
- Battery and Power: Integrated Li-ion batter for five hours of continuous use.
- External Buttons and Controls: Forward/backward, play/pause, speed, scan, volume, on/ off.
- Connections: Headphone and power connectors.
- Foldable carry handle and built-in stereo speakers.
All Optelec products and accessories are available through Optelec’s dealer and distribution networks. Call +1 (800) 826-4200 or visit http://www.optelec.com.
About Optelec U.S. Inc.
Optelec U.S. Inc. was founded in 1985 and is recognized as the worldwide market leader in providing innovative solutions for the blind, visually impaired and learning disabled. In January 2007, Tieman U.S., Holding Company to Optelec US Inc., spun off ShopLowVision.com as a subsidiary company to provide a one-stop-shop for optical, non-optical and daily living aids for eye care professionals and consumers. In 2010, VisionZone was created as a national awareness campaign for ocular health. For more information, visit http://www.optelec.com and follow @Optelec on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
BERKMAN, PR for Optelec
+1 (619) 231-9977 (office)
Optelec, ShopLowVision.com, LowVision.com
+1 (800) 826-4200 x227 (office)