Sonoma, CA (PRWEB) October 4, 2010
The Nelson Family of Companies will kick off its 40-Year Anniversary celebration on October 4th when the Mayor of Sonoma, Steve Barbose, presents a proclamation thanking Gary and Marcia Nelson for their many contributions to the community over the past 40 years. The presentation of the proclamation will happen at the company’s headquarters located at 19080 Lomita Avenue, Sonoma at 4pm.
Forty years is quite an accomplishment for any business and is especially noteworthy in a privately owned enterprise in the human capital industry. Nelson’s outstanding reputation in the staffing industry connecting thousands of people with jobs in companies throughout Northern California was mentioned in the proclamation, along with the fact that Nelson is the 44th largest staffing firm in the U.S. and has often been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” in the Bay Area.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized by the City of Sonoma!” says owner Gary Nelson. “I’m so impressed by how far we’ve come from a one-room facility to offices all over the Bay Area! Over the years we’ve placed thousands of people in jobs and contributed talent to so many local businesses. It’s a direct result of the dedication of the staff who have worked hard to make Nelson what it is today.”
In the proclamation, the City acknowledges Marcia and Gary Nelson’s establishment of the Community Care Endowment Fund, a fund that ensures emergency care services are available to all individuals in Sonoma Valley. Also highlighted in the proclamation is the Nelsons’ integral involvement in growing the Sonoma Valley Mentoring Alliance, an organization that provides professional resources, financial support and leadership, and one-on-one advocacy for youth. Other causes championed by the Nelsons include the Boys and Girls Club Valley of the Moon, Field of Dreams, Sonoma Valley Museum of Art, and the Sonoma Valley Harvest Wine Auction.
“It’s been great to watch the company grow and change over the years,” states Craig Nelson. “Gary Nelson has always been an innovator in the staffing and human capital industry. I have been proud to watch him build this company and add value to our clients and candidates. His thought leadership and the creativity of his employees have expanded the company in ways we couldn’t have foreseen 40 years ago.”
After the presentation of the proclamation, celebrations will continue. In mid October, Staffing Industry Analysts is running a feature story about the Nelson Family of Companies’ 40 years in business. On November 6th, the Tenured Nelson Talent (TNT) group will convene to celebrate their 8-40 years of serving in business together. To wrap up the festivities, in 2011 there will be an event for all employees.
Nelson put together a fun fact sheet of the company’s highlights over the past four decades. To receive a copy, email Courtney Dickson: cdickson(at)nelsonhr(dot)com.
About the Nelson Family of Companies
The Nelson Family of Companies was founded in 1970 by Chairman and former CEO Gary D. Nelson and is headquartered in Sonoma, CA. According to Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the company has grown into the 44th largest staffing company in the United States and is the largest independent human capital solutions company in Northern California. In addition, it ranks nationally among the “Top 10 Best Staffing Firms to Work For” according to an SIA survey. For more information, visit http://www.nelsonhr.com.
The Nelson Family of Companies consists of the following businesses:
- Nelson & Associates: Provides full-time and executive search placement, as well as consultant and temporary professionals in the financial area. http://www.nelsonandassociates.com
- Nelson Technology: Provides end-to-end consulting services that include requirements gathering and analysis, project management, product/software development, testing, deployment and maintenance, as well as the placement of software and IT support professionals. http://www.nelsontechnology.com
- Nelson Staffing: Provides consultant, executive, full-time and temporary talent in a broad range of career areas including winery operations, technology, game software testing, legal, engineering, office administration, hospitality, light industrial, customer service, marketing, non-profit, human resources, business development and sales. http://www.nelsonstaffing.com
- NelsonJobs.com: Northern California’s premier job board. http://www.nelsonjobs.com
- WorkforceLogic: Delivers workforce management and risk mitigation solutions that give businesses of all sizes improved control over their contingent workforce programs. http://www.workforcelogic.com
- HRhome: Is a members-only online resource created by HR professionals for HR professionals. Subscribers have access to proprietary content and customizable features within nine primary sections that allow them to find the information, tools and resources they need to quickly solve HR-related challenges. http://www.hrhome.com
# # #