While demand is high, penetration of PFM tools is still relatively low and we want to change that. That’s why we’ve taken the feedback from our existing users to heart, and built an improved user-experience with new ground-breaking features.
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 5, 2010
Finovate 2010 Conference - moneyStrands, an award-winning Personal Finance Management (PFM) service, today announced plans to launch a newly designed website that includes several new cutting-edge money management features designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances.
“With two thirds of Americans still living paycheck to paycheck, its clear now more than ever, that there is a growing need for PFM tools,” said Atakan Cetinsoy, VP of Finance Products. “While demand is high, penetration of PFM tools is still relatively low and we want to change that. That’s why we’ve taken the feedback from our existing users to heart, and built an improved user-experience with new ground-breaking features that will help consumers develop better financial habits.”
moneyStrands will showcase a beta version of the website at FinovateFall, a demo-based conference for startups and established companies in the fields of banking and financial technology. The new website incorporates several notable improvements including:
- New design with improved navigation- The brand new design provides a clean look and feel with improved navigation to help users intuitively guide their way around the site.
- Bills calendar- Users can input their payees and view all upcoming bill payments on a calendar. As the due date approaches, users receive bill reminders. moneyStrands also automatically reconciles their account as payments are posted.
- Budgeting wizard- A new budgeting wizard acts as a personal finance assistant, guiding users in setting up a customized spending plan based on their income and expenses. A twelve-month view allows users to plan for future spending. The wizard emphasizes the ability to systematically put aside savings each month by realistically cutting back their spending in various categories.
- Savings Goals- Whether saving for a vacation, a new home, their child’s school tuition or a new gadget, users will have the ability to set up savings goals, prioritize them and track their progress each month.
- Cash flow projection- With the cash flow projection feature, users will be able to reduce the guesswork involved in timing their expenses by seeing how much money is allocated towards upcoming payments and how much is remaining for discretionary spending.
The new features will also be available as part of the company’s white-label PFM solution provided by its Strands Personal Finance business unit. Strands PFM offers a customizable, scalable software solution to global financial institutions that aim to launch web-based and mobile PFM tools for their online customers. The first B2B implementation of Strands PFM was BBVA’s highly recognized Tu Cuentas service in Spain followed by a growing number of the world’s largest financial institutions in Europe and North America taking advantage of the same platform.
The new moneyStrands website is scheduled to launch by end of year when premium versions of the free service will be added. Pricing plans and applicable features will be announced at launch.
About moneyStrands (http://www.moneyStrands.com)
moneyStrands is an award-winning, next-generation online personal finance management service. It automatically gathers data for financial accounts including savings, checking, loans and credit cards, providing users with an up-to-date, accurate, unified view of their finances. moneyStrands goes beyond providing financial analysis tools, with personalized money-saving advice and recommendations. moneyStrands is also accessible on the go via a free iPhone application. The application supports 44 currencies and is available in both English and Spanish. More information on moneyStrands' free personal finance software can be found at http://www.moneystrands.com.
About Strands Personal Finance (http://spf.strands.com)
Strands Personal Finance offers white label PFM solutions for top global financial institutions. Strands PFM is a highly customizable and scalable proprietary software platform, making it an ideal solution for millions of online users looking for a more engaging banking experience. With Strands PFM, online banking customers can better manage their money allowing banks or credit unions to deepen their relationships with them while gaining valuable insights into their financial challenges.
# # #