“As recent attacks like Stuxnet show, malicious software is increasing in sophistication by criminal groups, meaning financial institutions and key infrastructure enterprises are in great need for effective controls against these threats. The proliferatio
(PRWEB) October 7, 2010
TrustDefender will exhibit at this year’s GITEX Technology Week where online security will be a key focus. TrustDefender is addressing the growing need for a safe and secure technology environment by demonstrating its unique real-time risk-based online transaction security solution.
TrustDefender is well positioned to grow rapidly in the Middle East market with its international team of experts, who are not only proficient in providing IT security services to the banking and finance sector, but are also conversant in the principals of Islamic banking and finance.
TrustDefender’s growing presence in the Middle East presents a market growth opportunity reaching over 212 million people across the region, of that population over 63 million people are internet users.1 According to Market Research Company RNCOS, as the online threat landscape continues to evolve and grow, global spending on IT security is estimated to rise to US$60 billion globally. The study also shows that IT security spending in the Middle East is projected to grow by 12% over the next three years, as governments and financial institutions adopt advanced security solutions.
Ted Egan, CEO and Founder of TrustDefender comments; “As recent attacks like Stuxnet show, malicious software is increasing in sophistication by criminal groups, meaning financial institutions and key infrastructure enterprises are in great need for effective controls against these threats. The proliferation of online attacks means online security is a top priority for all businesses and individuals.”
“TrustDefender has revolutionised this space and developed the world’s first real-time customer endpoint risk assessment and protection for online transactions. The growth in the Middle East region will allow TrustDefender to service the growing demands of financial institutions for real-time online security solutions, which integrate the customer experience with the enterprise and address the need to reduce the occurrence of online threats targeting the customer desktop or enterprise.”
TrustDefender wraps around an enterprise’s current security solutions; not only enhancing the enterprise risk capability but also securing their customers computing device before they begin their authentication process, protecting customer’s confidential identity and personal information throughout the period of their online transaction. The solution ensures financial institutions and enterprises do not have to worry about known and unknown online threats.
- TrustDefender solves the issues facing financial institutions where an increasing percentage of their customer base connects to online banking services with malware infected computers.
- Furthermore financial institutions have no visibility in real-time to see whether their customers have taken care of their computers and therefore the enterprise cannot distinguish between an infected or clean computer. This leaves the financial institution and the user at risk.
- TrustDefender’s unique technology, evaluates the security health risk of a computing device, allowing the business to detect the ever increasing sophistication of malware, immediately act and stop a potential threat through the application of business rules and policies in real-time before any authentication process begins;
- TrustDefender provides key information to online enterprises including financial institutions, while giving the enterprise risk manager a real-time risk profile of the endpoint computers access their website.
- TrustDefender can be easily integrated with existing and older risk management engines to enhance the capabilities of these technologies.
- TrustDefender provides the enterprise with the ability to not only protect the customer but also notify the customer of any security threats and advise them how to deal with any potential risk. The Safe&Secure Mode will make sure that a customer can always securely login and fix the problem at a later date.