"Storage Guardian online data backup means no software agent is needed on each client, minimal upfront op-ex licensing costs, and a low per-gigabyte price” - Dave Minns, client services manager at Storage Guardian.
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) October 7, 2010
Storage Guardian, the company that specializes in online and cloud backup solutions for small and medium-sized businesses, now offers a local backup to fast, reliable hard disks in addition to its enterprise-grade online data backup strategies. Storage Guardian’s local-only backup service offers all the features of its enterprise backup technology, including agentless operation for easy deployment and intelligent, secure data compression, and adds the additional benefits of reducing WAN bandwidth needs and fast restore of mission-critical data at LAN speeds, whenever needed.
Priced as low as 25 cents per compressed gigabyte, per month, Storage Guardian’s high-availability disk-to-disk backup is designed to replace slow, cumbersome and unreliable tape backup, offering advanced features optimized for Microsoft-based shops and virtualized environments:
- Faster backups and recoveries than traditional tape methods
- Advanced functionality for managing and archiving data long-term
- Compatible with a wide variety of platforms, including Windows Small Business Server 2003 / 2008, SBS, MS SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint and VMWare
- Advanced backup and recovery options for virtualized environments
- Brick-level recovery of Exchange data
- Average 3:1 compression ratio, reducing disk space on the backup appliance
“We make it possible for companies to blend onsite and offsite data backup so they can create appropriate backup strategies for all clients on the network, and for all types of data from ordinary to mission-critical,” said Dave Minns, client services manager at Storage Guardian. “Storage Guardian online data backup means no software agent is needed on each client, minimal upfront op-ex licensing costs, and a low per-gigabyte price.”
Local-only disk backup complements online backup strategies
Local-only backup works hand-in-hand with Storage Guardian’s online backup service, providing a number of attractive advantages for companies that need to balance data availability with the cost of security and peace of mind:
- Local-only backup offers a low-cost, agentless replacement for tape-based solutions.
- Reduces WAN bandwidth costs by backing up essential data to a local server, potentially reducing the load on WAN resources.
- Each generation backed up for a Local-Only Backup Set is independently restorable and does not depend on other generations of the same file.
- The data is compressed locally and resides on customer premises for fast and instant restore.
- Local-Only Backup Sets can be easily migrated to offsite backup sets.
- Most importantly, Local-Only Backup aligns the value of data with the cost of protecting it.
Storage Guardian brings several key benefits to smaller companies looking to take advantage of cloud backup and recovery. With Asigra Cloud Backup v10 powering Storage Guardian’s online backup service, customers can improve recovery times, reduce operational costs, and are provided with data protection without limits to meet their dynamic IT requirements.
A no-cost, 30-day trial is available here: http://www.storageguardian.com/free_trial.php.
Storage Guardian’s latest online backup software includes advanced features such as:
- Ability to backup laptops in the field
- Tiered recovery (local-only backup to machines on customer premises, and offsite backup to a service provider or private cloud), allowing users to better align the value of data with the cost of protecting it, while achieving higher Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs)
- Deployment as a virtual appliance within virtual infrastructures for maximum application mobility, scalability and uptime.
- Advanced FIPS 140-2 NIST-certified security and encryption of data, both in-flight and at-rest
- New backup sets for comprehensive protection of enterprise applications, including MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, Windows Server Hyper-V, Oracle SBT, Sybase, and local-only backup.
Balancing Performance and Cost with Flexible Tiered Recovery Options
Storage Guardian’s online data backup is built on the Asigra’s hybrid cloud deployment model, giving users the freedom to backup to a public cloud for offsite recovery, build a private cloud for onsite recovery or select a hybrid of the two models. With Asigra v10, users can create tiered backup policies that align the value of the data with the cost of protecting it. Establishing policies for local backup sets allows IT to segment the data and choose what gets backed up locally on their private cloud. The local backup sets option enables companies to replace their typical tape-based local backup solution -- with all of its pain, cost and complexity – with fast and simple backup to a local disk-based private cloud.
Storage Guardian is the leader for small-business online backup
With more than ten years of experience and thousands of satisfied customers, Storage Guardian’s remote data backup service has established itself as a dependable provider of enterprise-grade online backup technology for smaller companies. What sets it apart from the many low-cost alternatives in the market are online data backup features optimized for businesses that depend on Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Small Business Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Novell GroupWise, and Lotus Notes.
Storage Guardian and SAS 70 (Type II)
Storage Guardian has completed the Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 70 for service providers, receiving a service auditor’s Type II report. The SAS 70 Type II report is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and affirms that Storage Guardian’s policies and procedures are appropriately designed with the proper controls in place, and functioning as designed.
About Storage Guardian
Storage Guardian delivers business continuity protection and information lifecycle management. Storage Guardian is used by small and midsize businesses, enterprises, and multiple-platform LAN computing environments that want to safeguard their critical business data in a secure, off-site location. Its remote backup service is the culmination of a decade of intense research and software development and represents a superior alternative to tape-based data recovery systems. All Storage Guardian’s solutions are based on televaulting technology from Asigra, a recognized leader in enterprise online backup. The company is also developing a select network of authorized VARs to service the off-site backup and fast data recovery needs of companies located throughout North America. For more, visit http://www.storageguardian.com and Twitter @storageguardian.
# # #