Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) October 8, 2010
To support Adobe’s announcement of the release of the latest version of its bestselling consumer-level photo-editing software, Photoshop Elements 9, Wiley is bringing to market a handful of guides to using the software. The first to market, in stores now, is Photoshop Elements 9 For Dummies (9780470878729; Available Now; $29.99).
Photoshop Elements 9 For Dummies will be followed, in the coming months, by:
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop Elements 9 (November 2010)
- Photoshop Elements 9 All-in-One For Dummies (November 2010)
- Photoshop Elements 9 Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks (November 2010)
- Photoshop Elements 9 Digital Classroom (December 2010)
- Ex3: Exquisite Expressions with Photoshop Elements (January 2011)
You can visit each of the books’ landing pages at http://www.wiley.com.
Photoshop Elements 9 is available for both the Windows and Mac platforms and comes bundled with Premiere Elements 9 video-editing software for $149.99 or as a standalone product for $99.99.
All of the new books will cover the key features of the new release, including:
- Content Intelligence – Part of the Spot Healing Brush feature that allows users to easily edit unwanted objects out of an image and automatically fill in the background with the swipe of a brush
- Photomerge Style Match – Lets users analyze the characteristics of any photo and apply the same contrast, color tone, etc. to another image
- Out of Bounds – Gives users the ability to apply 3D effects to an element of a photo
- Organizer & People Recognition – Organizer offers a central location for users to quickly organize, find, and display their images while enhanced People Recognition tools automatically generates tags to help you find images of specific people quickly
- Enhanced Photo Sharing Options – Users can now post photos directly to Facebook, create unique and interactive online albums, and even access Photoshop Elements editing tools directly from layout mode when creating personalized scrapbook pages, calendars, and cards
- Plus – Users can purchase “Plus” for an annual fee of $49.99 to access 20 GB of storage for backing up photos and videos online as well as new tutorials, artwork, and interactive templates
You can follow @WileyTech on Twitter or visit our Press Room for more information about Wiley's technology releases.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. has been a valued source of information and understanding for 200 years; helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Since 1901, Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 350 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry and Peace.
Wiley’s core businesses publish scientific, technical, medical and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services; professional/trade books, subscription products, training materials, and online applications and websites; and educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley’s global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company’s Web site can be accessed at http://www.wiley.com. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.