Burbank, CA (Vocus) October 7, 2010
Warner Bros. Television Group, DC Entertainment and Foursquare are going green at New York Comic Con 2010, offering fans the chance to unlock an exclusive Green Lantern badge during the three days of the East Coast’s biggest and most exciting popular culture convention, at the Javits Center in New York City.
From October 8–10, fans attending New York Comic Con can unlock the special Green Lantern badge by “checking in” on Foursquare at New York Comic Con and at the DC Comics booth
- Additionally, fans that visit the DC Comics booth — #2243 — on the convention floor and show their Green Lantern Foursquare badge will receive an exclusive Green Lantern replica ring
- Fans of Green Lantern can meet the creative team from Warner Bros. Animation’s forthcoming Green Lantern: The Animated Series — including executive producer Bruce Timm, producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg — at a panel session and signing on Saturday, October 10. The series has begun production on 26 episodes and will debut on Cartoon Network in 2011.
- And DC Comics is bringing together the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books — including group editor Eddie Berganza, assistant editor Adam Schlagman, DC Entertainment chief creative officer Geoff Johns and more — for a panel to discuss upcoming storylines and answer fan questions.
- For additional information about Warner Bros. Television Group activities at New York Comic Con, follow us on Twitter at @TheWBdotcom and use hashtag #WBNYCC.
Green Lantern–Related Panel & Signing Details
Saturday, October 9
- 2:30–3:30 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Presentation/Q&A — Saturday will be NYCC’s “brightest day” as Warner Bros. Animation proudly unveils this new series coming soon to Cartoon Network and based upon characters from DC Comics. Join series executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series), producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) as these creative forces reveal their plans for one of the most highly anticipated new animated series. Room 1A14
- 4:00–5:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics Booth #2243
- 5:15–6:15 p.m. Green Lantern: Emerald Empire Panel/Q&A — No evil shall escape this panel’s sight as the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books drop hints on upcoming stories and take on your questions! Led by Group Editor Eddie Berganza and Assistant Editor Adam Schlagman with Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, The Flash), Tony Bedard (Green Lantern Corps), Rodolfo Migliari (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), Joe Prado (Brightest Day), Ivan Reis (Brightest Day) and Peter J. Tomasi (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors). Room 1A08-12
Additional Social Media Contacts
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
Winson Seto, @the_real_winson
Tom McAlister, @tom_mcalister
Official Site: http://foursquare.com/
DC Entertainment/DC Comics
Official Site: http://dccomics.com/
The Source Blog: http://www.dcublog.com
Warner Bros. Television Publicity
(818) 954-4855, tammy(dot)golihew(at)warnerbros(dot)com
Twitter: @teeveegal, http://twitter.com/teeveegal
(212) 636-5450, David(dot)Hyde(at)dccomics.com
Twitter Pitch: @foursquare users at #NYCC, take flight! Exclusive #GreenLantern badge from WB and DC: http://bit.ly/a8qlvo #WBNYCC