It is imperative that we continue to persuade people not only to come to this country, but to stay in it as well and experience the freedom and flexibility that comes with the great outdoors.
(PRWeb UK) October 11, 2010
The Camping and Caravanning Club has frozen its 2011 site fee prices before VAT on all of its UK Club Sites for the first time in 10 years.
VAT will rise from 17.5% to 20% from January 4 next year following Chancellor George Osborne’s announcement back in June, but not since its centenary year in 2001 has The Club opted to keep site fees the same for a second successive year.
Currently, a family deal (two adults and up to four children – exclusive to members), costs, on average, £17.50 per night for a standard pitch (mid-season).
Director General Robert Louden said: “Our decision not to increase pitch fee prices, apart from the mandatory VAT rise, is a way of saying thank you to our members who have helped continue to thrust The Club to the forefront of the outdoor market.
“Our decision demonstrates to members that we are still extremely competitive when it comes to our pricing structure and as a Club, our ethos is all about encouraging more people to camp, more often and at an affordable rate due these uncertain economic times.
“It is imperative that we continue to persuade people not only to come to this country, but to stay in it as well and experience the freedom and flexibility that comes with the great outdoors.”
Holiday Homes site fees, all self-catering accommodation and ‘Meets and Groups’ prices have also been frozen before VAT for 2011 whilst The Club’s ‘Store and Camp’ facility will change to storage only, at a competitive rate.
An annual fishing season ticket at Horsley Club Site will also be trialled.
The Club, which now boasts over 510,000 members, has continued to grow at an accelerated rate this year with, to date, over 715,000 people having camped on a Club Site in 2010.
For further information on 2011 fee charges please visit: http://www.siteseeker.co.uk or telephone 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204 jon(dot)dale(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
Kim Blythe, 024 7647 5224 kim(dot)blythe(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
2. http://www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
3. National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site