American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) President and CEO, John Curran, Presents Essential Webinar on IPv6 on Oct. 14

Share Article

Discover how the unprecedented explosion of internet-capable devices along with booming worldwide broadband penetration rates have accelerated the depletion of IPv4 addresses and made support of IPv6 addresses an industry-wide necessity. This free webinar, on Oct. 14, outlines why IPv6 readiness gives you a competitive edge over your non-compliant competitors.

“With 94.5% of IPv4 addresses already allocated and the remaining 5.5% expected to be allocated by mid-2011, it is crucial that all network operators start preparations now for making their public facing servers IPv6 reachable.” said Curran.

Key players from all sectors of the broadband communications market are invited to take a detailed look how the deployment of IPv6 – the new internet address numbering plan – affects their networks and services, and how they can prepare now for the transition at “Inside IPv6: Essentials of the Next-Gen IP Address Plan” (http://www.ccmi.com/IPv6/pr) a free 60-minute webinar on Thursday, Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. EDT, organized by CCMI and sponsored by Cisco.

IPv6, an internet address numbering plan, was developed and introduced almost a decade ago to supplant IPv4, which supports a maximum of 4 billion unique addresses. And while IPv4’s 4 billion addresses sounds like a lot, as of this August, only 5.46% of them remain available. Industry insiders now point toward mid-2011 as the probable point when IPv4 addresses are exhausted.

John Curran, president and CEO of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN), is the featured webinar speaker. He explains how the explosive growth in devices, spurred by applications like the Smart Grid, smart phones, internet gaming and cloud computing is rapidly exhausting IPv4 addresses, and that rising broadband penetration rates in the booming economies of China, India and Brazil are accelerating this trend.

“I am looking forward to speaking on the webcast, and sharing my insights on IPv4 depletion, IPv6 adoption and the steps businesses should be taking to prepare,” said Curran. “With 94.5% of IPv4 addresses already allocated and the remaining 5.5% expected to be allocated by mid-2011, it is crucial that all network operators start preparations now for making their public facing servers IPv6 reachable.”

“Deploying IPv6 addresses soon will not be an option but a necessary reality for carriers and service providers. And the industry players that act now and build IPv6 into their network plans will be the ones that will make the transition smoothly and emerge with a competitive edge.” says webinar producer, George David, president of CCMI.

About CCMI

CCMI is the industry’s leading provider of telecom rate and data information and applications. We are dedicated to delivering highly specialized and strategically focused information in a timely fashion. For a complete listing of our events, visit http://www.ccmi.com/Events.

About the American Registry for Internet Numbers
ARIN is the nonprofit corporation that manages the distribution of Internet number resources – IPv4, IPv6, and Autonomous System numbers – in its service region, which includes Canada, many Caribbean and North Atlantic islands, and the United States. More information on IPv6 adoption is available at http://www.getipv6.info/ and http://www.arin.net.

About Cisco
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking. Today, networks are an essential part of business, education, government, and home communications. As the foundation of these networks, Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings help individuals, companies, and countries increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction, and strengthen competitive advantage. Learn more at http://www.cisco.com

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Michele Campbell
CCMI
301-287-2641
Email >
Visit website